Jon Elson

Default Put some test to the rear lift I made for my bolens

wayne mak wrote:
I have a 1250 Bolens I fit an old hydro bumper jack to. I cut off the forks
with the wheels and welded a frame to fit the tractor. Got a chance to test
it moving some large oak logs today
http://www.motherearthrecycling.net/load/load.htm

here is the tractor
www.motherearthrecycling.net/1250/1250

Hey, that's cool! I have a 1256 (6 speeds, Wisconsin 12 Hp engine, PTO)
that I use mostly for lawn mowing. I fitted a "bullet" muffler to it,
and replaced the awful updraft carb with a Honda motorcycle carb and use
those flat auto air filters. I had to provide a fuel pump for the
Honda carb, as it is too high relative to the gas tank for reliable
gravity feed. But, now I can mow at 30 degree angles either way
without flooding or starving the carb. The last improvement I've
been considering is some kind of implement raise/lower system.
Ever since the time the lever jumped off the detent and whacked me
in the knee like Nancy Kerrigan, I've been trying to come up with a
scheme to motorize that. (Basically I know how to do it, I just haven't
gotten the pieces to do it, yet.)

Jon