Default what plastic do I need?

I'm looking for sheets 4 x 8 ft or so to make a solar collector. I'm
wanting something that isn't too expensive and flexable.
Ken

Dave Lyon

Most plastics will degrade when exposed to the environment. Consider using
glass, or one of the specialty plastics designed for solar collection.

wrote in message
oups.com...
I'm looking for sheets 4 x 8 ft or so to make a solar collector. I'm
wanting something that isn't too expensive and flexable.
Ken

Pete C.

Dave Lyon wrote:

Most plastics will degrade when exposed to the environment. Consider using
glass, or one of the specialty plastics designed for solar collection.

wrote in message
oups.com...
I'm looking for sheets 4 x 8 ft or so to make a solar collector. I'm
wanting something that isn't too expensive and flexable.
Ken

Also consider asking on alt.energy.homepower or one of the other solar
related groups.

Pete C.
Karl Vorwerk

If you use glass I suggest safety glass or tempered. One of my students has
a friend who went through a glass window yesterday. Fourteen year old girl
with a stitched up thigh. Of course it could have been worse.
Karl

"Dave Lyon" wrote in message
Most plastics will degrade when exposed to the environment. Consider using
glass, or one of the specialty plastics designed for solar collection.

oups.com...