Bruno

Default McMaster-Carr catalogs

I have a couple of McMaster-Carr catalogs...
#100 (1994) like new condition
#102 (1996) almost like new, some markings on the cover

$15/bo each, and that includes shipping priority in the US.

if interested, email me at azbrunoATyahooDOTcom
Dave Lyon

#100 (1994) like new condition
#102 (1996) almost like new, some markings on the cover

$15/bo each, and that includes shipping priority in the US.

if interested, email me at azbrunoATyahooDOTcom

You're kidding! You mean those books that I throw away every year have
value?

Tim Killian

#100 (1994) like new condition
#102 (1996) almost like new, some markings on the cover

$15/bo each, and that includes shipping priority in the US.

if interested, email me at azbrunoATyahooDOTcom

You're kidding! You mean those books that I throw away every year have
value?

Yes they do. You can easily sell them on eBay for $5-$10 + shipping.
Bruno

"Dave Lyon" wrote:

.. .
I have a couple of McMaster-Carr catalogs...
#100 (1994) like new condition
#102 (1996) almost like new, some markings on the cover

$15/bo each, and that includes shipping priority in the US.

if interested, email me at azbrunoATyahooDOTcom

You're kidding! You mean those books that I throw away every year have
value?

Since M-C does not send them to just anyone, I've seen people pay lots
for current and vintage ones (on ebay). I figure I'd offer these old
ones to cover postage and the trips to the PO if anyone wants them.
But since nobody is giving me an offer, maybe I'll toss 'em too.
Dave Lyon

Since M-C does not send them to just anyone, I've seen people pay lots
for current and vintage ones (on ebay). I figure I'd offer these old
ones to cover postage and the trips to the PO if anyone wants them.
But since nobody is giving me an offer, maybe I'll toss 'em too.

When I first started my company, I couldn't get them to send me one either.
Every time I requested one (with an order) they told me they were out, but
I'd get one soon. After nearly a year of this, I told them that Grainger
probably had a catalog I could use. Within a week, I had 2. Now I get 2 more
every year.

BTW, I wasn't trying to be a jerk, I really was surprised. I figured with
the internet so handy, I was the only one left that liked to use the paper
version.

woodworker88

I use an old paper version to keep track of current orders. Since many
people are requesting orders, we have to be careful not to order the
same thing twice. When someone orders something, the print it out or
cut it out of the book and post it on a bulletin board. When you want
to order something, you look on the board to see if someone has already
ordered it. The nice thing about cutting it out of the catalog is that
you can tell if the product has already been ordered by seeing it's
absence from the page.

Charles Spitzer

"woodworker88" wrote in message
oups.com...
I use an old paper version to keep track of current orders. Since many
people are requesting orders, we have to be careful not to order the
same thing twice. When someone orders something, the print it out or
cut it out of the book and post it on a bulletin board. When you want
to order something, you look on the board to see if someone has already
ordered it. The nice thing about cutting it out of the catalog is that
you can tell if the product has already been ordered by seeing it's
absence from the page.

what happens when you need to order the same thing 9 months from now, and
you haven't received a new catalog? you save all the little slips of paper
back in the catalog?

Greg O

#100 (1994) like new condition
#102 (1996) almost like new, some markings on the cover

$15/bo each, and that includes shipping priority in the US.

if interested, email me at azbrunoATyahooDOTcom

You're kidding! You mean those books that I throw away every year have
value?

Seems crazy to me too. Especially since a couple clicks on the old 'puter
gets me there for basically free!
Greg

tillius

Seems kind of crazy to me too - but I did a quick search on ebay and
here's what I found:

http://cgi.ebay.com/McMASTER-CARR-Ca...QQcmdZViewItem

At the time of this posting - there are 7 bids and it's up to $57.56
with 1 day 1 hour left!

Tillman

mj

tillius wrote:
Seems kind of crazy to me too - but I did a quick search on ebay and
here's what I found:

http://cgi.ebay.com/McMASTER-CARR-Ca...QQcmdZViewItem

At the time of this posting - there are 7 bids and it's up to $57.56
with 1 day 1 hour left!

Tillman

Dang...that is crazy. I have one of those sitting on my catalog shelf
that I can see from where I'm sitting.
Hmmmmm....
Mike

Tim Killian

Charles Spitzer wrote:
"woodworker88" wrote in message
oups.com...

I use an old paper version to keep track of current orders. Since many
people are requesting orders, we have to be careful not to order the
same thing twice. When someone orders something, the print it out or
cut it out of the book and post it on a bulletin board. When you want
to order something, you look on the board to see if someone has already
ordered it. The nice thing about cutting it out of the catalog is that
you can tell if the product has already been ordered by seeing it's
absence from the page.

what happens when you need to order the same thing 9 months from now, and
you haven't received a new catalog? you save all the little slips of paper
back in the catalog?

The MCM website is getting better all the time. You can display previous
orders up to one year old, look at the line items, and re-order stuff
without entering the P/N again. That said, I still think the printed
tome is useful too. MCM is one fanntastic company -- i just wish
everything were run as efficiently.
Dave Lyon

The MCM website is getting better all the time. You can display previous
orders up to one year old, look at the line items, and re-order stuff
without entering the P/N again. That said, I still think the printed
tome is useful too. MCM is one fanntastic company -- i just wish
everything were run as efficiently.

I use them quite frequently. It's kinda funny, I live 30 minutes from a
Grainger warehouse. If I order from them, I get it in about 3 days. I live 8
hours from MCM, and I get orders from them the next day. Go figure.

Doug Warner

"tillius" wrote:

Seems kind of crazy to me too - but I did a quick search on ebay and
here's what I found:

http://cgi.ebay.com/McMASTER-CARR-Ca...QQcmdZViewItem

Yep, and they routinely go for $70 and up. I finally gave up on #11
and bought a #110 instead.

I keep sending auction results to MMC, suggesting they try selling the
things for about $30 each, but they just don't get it.
(Unless the people in their catalog department are the ones selling
them on Ebay..)

--
Email reply: please remove one letter from each side of "@"
Spammers are Scammers. Exterminate them.
Bruno

Doug Warner wrote:

"tillius" wrote:

Seems kind of crazy to me too - but I did a quick search on ebay and
here's what I found:

http://cgi.ebay.com/McMASTER-CARR-Ca...QQcmdZViewItem

Yep, and they routinely go for $70 and up. I finally gave up on #11
and bought a #110 instead.

I keep sending auction results to MMC, suggesting they try selling the
things for about $30 each, but they just don't get it.
(Unless the people in their catalog department are the ones selling
them on Ebay..)

About a year ago, there was a lot of discussion about these catalogs
and it seemed lots of people wanted them. I don't think they're good
for ordering (older ones), but I find them useful to look through
because I don't have years of experience to know what's there. So, if
I want to learn about the thousands of different kinds of screws, for
example, I just look through the book. It's very easy to read and
learn. For ordering, that's an online thing.

I thought if anyone was interested in old ones for this purpose, they
can have mine. But I'm income-free these days, and it costs just to
get to the PO and ship 'em. Anyway, apparently all those people who
wanted catalogs whenever that thread was active (last year?) have gone
elsewhere, or maybe just upgraded to DSL.
Christopher Tidy

tillius wrote:
Seems kind of crazy to me too - but I did a quick search on ebay and
here's what I found:

http://cgi.ebay.com/McMASTER-CARR-Ca...QQcmdZViewItem

At the time of this posting - there are 7 bids and it's up to $57.56
with 1 day 1 hour left!

That is nuts! I mean, think of all the cool stuff you could buy with
that money.

Chris

Bill Schwab

You're kidding! You mean those books that I throw away every year have
value?

Yes they do. You can easily sell them on eBay for $5-$10 + shipping.

The real lesson here is that McMaster-Carr (thanks for the reminder
about them!) is missing the boat: they should _sell_ the blasted
catalogs and credit the cost after a certain number of orders and/or
account total, for repeat customers, etc.

Bill

Value of McMaster, MSC et al catalogs rashid111 Metalworking 3 July 10th 05 07:08 AM
#98 McMaster Carr Catalog Bob Chilcoat Metalworking 4 February 23rd 05 12:14 AM
Metalworkers glossy catalogs? (like LV, for metal) Keith Marshall Metalworking 1 February 3rd 05 06:19 AM
mcmaster carr 111 williamhenry Metalworking 0 February 1st 05 11:31 PM
John Carr Doorsets Tim Jenkins UK diy 0 April 7th 04 06:27 PM