Christopher Tidy

Default Fun things to do with a 9,000 volt transformer

Ignoramus27736 wrote:
I got a dozen of 9,000V franceformers. I wonder if I can make some
sort of a fun, safe thing with them, possibly halloween
related. Suggestions to make a corpse out of me for Halloween
decorations will not be seriously considered.

Take a look at this site. It's one of the best on the subject of HV
projects:
http://homepage.ntlworld.com/electricstuff/

Especially this page:
http://homepage.ntlworld.com/electri...acobphone.html

I've been meaning to do some HV experiments for a while, but so far I
haven't got round to it. I have a vacuum pump ready for making some cool
low pressure discharges inside glass tubes...

Chris

Pete C.

Ignoramus27736 wrote:

On Wed, 19 Oct 2005 17:21:10 +0000 (UTC), Christopher Tidy wrote:
Ignoramus27736 wrote:
I got a dozen of 9,000V franceformers. I wonder if I can make some
sort of a fun, safe thing with them, possibly halloween
related. Suggestions to make a corpse out of me for Halloween
decorations will not be seriously considered.

Take a look at this site. It's one of the best on the subject of HV
projects:
http://homepage.ntlworld.com/electricstuff/

What a fantastic website! Thanks a lot! My son will be thrilled and my
wife will give me a very hard time about these 9kV projects. (I did
not tell her about thoriated electrodes either) Looks like I can be in
business in 1/2 hour. I will try to buy some bare solid copper wire
tonight. Very exciting and just in time for our Halloween.

--

Get the Lanthenated tungstens and you won't need to worry about telling
the wife about the radioactive tools.

Pete C.

Wiring a 480V Single Phase Circuit Joshua Home Repair 58 June 8th 20 02:39 PM
Identify High Current Power Supply Transformer pinpassion Electronics Repair 1 June 12th 05 12:08 PM
Transformer question Asimov Electronics Repair 5 September 26th 04 10:51 PM
OT-John Kerry Gunner Metalworking 137 February 11th 04 07:38 PM
it's the little things which can kill you. pyotr filipivich Metalworking 51 December 29th 03 01:41 PM