Errol Groff

Default American Precision Musuem Show

The New England Model Engineering Society has received the following
press release from the American Precision Museum regarding their
upcoming show.

AMERICAN PRECISION MUSEUM
196 South Main Street
Windsor, VT 05089
(802) 674-5781
www.americanprecision.org

AMERICAN PRECISION MUSEUM HOSTS
6TH ANNUAL MODEL ENGINEERING SHOW

WINDSOR, VT The American Precision Museum's sixth annual Model
Engineering Show will take place at the Windsor Municipal Center,
Union Street, Windsor on Saturday, October 29th, 2005 from 9:00
am-4:00pm. A fee of $6.00 covers admission to both the show and the
nearby American Precision Museum.

This year's show features Brady Ward of Manchester, NH who will
discuss the craft of making fine-art automobile models at 10:30 am and
2:00 pm. He will have several of his scale models on display as
well. Museum Trustee, Bill McCarthy, will return again this year to
demonstrate cutting metal on one of his historic lathes at 11:30 am
and 2:30 pm.

Model automobiles have been an integral part of American life since
the Henry Ford and his Model-T. As automobiles evolved, so have model
cars, moving beyond the plastic kits which have challenged many
youngsters over the years. In recent years models of increasing
complexity and refinement of details have become available. The Swiss
firm, Pocher, used to produce very expensive kits for the collector
only, containing hundreds of intricate parts and requiring patience
and great skill to assemble. Although Pocher is no longer in
business, in its place are gifted artificers whose work is rightly
considered a form of art. Recently several rare automobiles were sold
at a Christie's auction in California for over $l million each, and
craftsmen in England and France are producing exacting miniatures
faithful in every detail to those historic vehicles.

American Precision Museum -2-
October 13, 2005

A member of this select group of fine-art model automobile makers is
Brady Ward whose work reflects the most knowledgeable enthusiast's
insistence on precise detail.
"I never planned to build model cars for a living," says Ward. "After
some training in art and design, I spent my spare time working on my
own full-size cars (non-classics), having more and more fun with the
mechanical troubleshooting and rebuilding. At the same time, classic
cars began to look more like art rather than old vehicles to me. Not
having access to a full-size classic, I built my first 1:8 scale
model. Eventually my customers convinced me they wanted more models
than I could produce working nights and weekends, and they pushed me
into this business full time. It is very fulfilling, using my hands
to create cars that are both mechanically and aesthetically
beautiful."

Bill McCarthy, Museum Trustee and founder and owner of Restoration
Millwork in Riegelsville, PA, has been supplying custom architectural
woodwork for restoration and new construction since 1975. Using
antique tools from his Riegelsville restoration millwork shop, he will
demonstrate how cast iron is machined. McCarthy was the hit of last
year's show, making window sash by hand using methods and tools
similar to those in the museum's building.

Dean Merrill from Queensbury, NY will have his portable steam engine
set up and operational outside the Model Engineering Show.

Model Engineering Show hours at the Windsor Municipal Center are 9:00
am-4:00pm, and the museum's hours are 10:00 am-5:00 pm. Both sites
are wheelchair accessible. Please call for more information,
802-674-5781 - and visit the museum's web site at
www.americanprecision.org. The museum will close for the season
October 31st, 2005.