Tony Hursh

Default Fwd: Dangerous way of getting 220V from 110V outlets

On Tue, 28 Oct 2003 04:39:42 -0500, Gary Coffman wrote:

On Tue, 28 Oct 2003 10:08:33 +0800, Old Nick wrote:
Well, one of them was. That's where Einstein started out IIRC.

Einstein was no rocket scientist, he knew nothing about plumbing.

Though he did say that he'd have liked to have been a plumber. He even held an
honorary union card in Chicago.

http://www.chicagostpatsparade.com/history_01.shtml

(scroll almost all the way down to the bottom)

DoN. Nichols

In article ,
Bill wrote:

Bill,

A request please. Could you find another way of spam-proofing
your e-mail address in these? They cause my system to complain (and
fail) when trying to save your articles. The '(' and ')' in the address
are the ones causing the problems. If you could (as I have done in
your modified address above) use '-' instead of parens, it will not
cause problems to anyone (except maybe the spammers, I hope) -- because
the '-' is a legal character in an e-mail address, even if it is not
right for yours.

Thanks,
DoN.

P.S. I'm posting this, because you are not the first to do this,
and I figure the more people who know about it, the better for
everyone.
--
Email: | Voice (all times): (703) 938-4564
Bill Darby

Hi Don

I have no problem with taking the () parentheses out. I simply have been
experimenting with a way to smudge my address, *that I like* and is not to
intrusive to others.

Bill

"DoN. Nichols" wrote:

In article ,
Bill wrote:

Bill,

A request please. Could you find another way of spam-proofing
your e-mail address in these? They cause my system to complain (and
fail) when trying to save your articles. The '(' and ')' in the address
are the ones causing the problems. If you could (as I have done in
your modified address above) use '-' instead of parens, it will not
cause problems to anyone (except maybe the spammers, I hope) -- because
the '-' is a legal character in an e-mail address, even if it is not
right for yours.

Thanks,
DoN.

P.S. I'm posting this, because you are not the first to do this,
and I figure the more people who know about it, the better for
everyone.
--
Email: | Voice (all times): (703) 938-4564

DoN. Nichols

In article ,
Bill Darby wrote:
Hi Don

I have no problem with taking the () parentheses out. I simply have been
experimenting with a way to smudge my address, *that I like* and is not to
intrusive to others.

I understand why you are doing this, and I agree that it is
(unfortunately) desirable.

Dashes '-', underscores '_', spelling out the dot (perhaps in
all upper case (e.g. ), or something similar
should work.

I doubt that the parens create a problem for most people, but
for a unix system which is using shell processing, it does strange
things there. (I guess that I could dig into the source code and make it
modify things, so your would become:

or something similar -- but I don't know what I might break doing that. :-)

Thanks,
DoN.
--
Email: | Voice (all times): (703) 938-4564
(too) near Washington D.C. |

Cable colours for 110v fixed wiring Andy Hall UK diy 28 June 29th 04 07:28 AM
FS: 110V portable isolating transformer for power tools etc. Mike Tomlinson UK diy 2 May 24th 04 06:31 PM
Why 110v power tools? Parish UK diy 63 March 26th 04 10:12 PM
Another toolkit question Andrew McKay UK diy 32 July 15th 03 12:15 AM
Question about 110v equipment Andrew McKay UK diy 4 July 14th 03 10:32 AM