Gunner

On 22 Sep 2005 16:15:10 GMT, Dave Hinz wrote:

On Thu, 22 Sep 2005 15:33:29 GMT, Gunner wrote:
On 22 Sep 2005 15:02:26 GMT, Dave Hinz wrote:

OK, so 5 for Tom, 5 for me, and one for your hip. Seems fair. But,
then how will I know which of my 8 to shoot?

You shoot the .41 Magnum of course.

Ooooh, I don't have one of those. (thinks)...I wonder how that
happened? OK, after the 1927A1, _then_ something in .41 Mag. But, the
Thompson first, definately.

You dont have a 41? Damn..I thought everyone did

Gunner, who carries a 4" Mod 57 in a Bianci Cyclone when puttering
around out in the desert.

Gunner

for torturing the cat." Gunner
Dave Hinz

On Fri, 23 Sep 2005 06:49:02 GMT, Gunner wrote:
On 22 Sep 2005 16:15:10 GMT, Dave Hinz wrote:

You shoot the .41 Magnum of course.

Ooooh, I don't have one of those. (thinks)...I wonder how that
happened? OK, after the 1927A1, _then_ something in .41 Mag. But, the
Thompson first, definately.

You dont have a 41? Damn..I thought everyone did

No, and I'm seriously puzzled on how that could have happened. You've
seen my vault, yes? But, the Thompson first.

Jim McGill

You're setting a bad example, Gunner (not that that seems to bother you
much :-) You know better than to put live ammo in a fire. It boils off
in all directions. Gotta make up your mind, either the Viking Funeral or
the loaded 45, not both.

Sorry about that, but, as an engineer I work with always reminds me,
first get the Physics right and everything else works better.

Mac
Dave Hinz

On Fri, 23 Sep 2005 09:42:25 -0700, Jim McGill wrote:
You're setting a bad example, Gunner (not that that seems to bother you
much :-) You know better than to put live ammo in a fire. It boils off
in all directions. Gotta make up your mind, either the Viking Funeral or
the loaded 45, not both.

Couple years ago, in (maybe) the Wisconsin Fire Journal, was an article
about a house fire. The owner had had an M1 Carbine hanging on the
wall, with loaded mag and one in the pipe. (yes. I know.) According
to the article (yes, I know that too), the round in the pipe cooked off,
the gun loaded the next one, and the process repeated a couple times.
Article was complete with photos of a burned gun, clearly an M1 carbine.

If I were to guess, I'd doubt the story entirely and assume it was just
loose rounds cooking off, but, who really knows...
Joe Gorman

Dave Hinz wrote:
On Fri, 23 Sep 2005 09:42:25 -0700, Jim McGill wrote:

You're setting a bad example, Gunner (not that that seems to bother you
much :-) You know better than to put live ammo in a fire. It boils off
in all directions. Gotta make up your mind, either the Viking Funeral or
the loaded 45, not both.

Couple years ago, in (maybe) the Wisconsin Fire Journal, was an article
about a house fire. The owner had had an M1 Carbine hanging on the
wall, with loaded mag and one in the pipe. (yes. I know.) According
to the article (yes, I know that too), the round in the pipe cooked off,
the gun loaded the next one, and the process repeated a couple times.
Article was complete with photos of a burned gun, clearly an M1 carbine.

If I were to guess, I'd doubt the story entirely and assume it was just
loose rounds cooking off, but, who really knows...

IL was burning some trash from the garage including some cardboard boxes
they had gotten from an auction, previously full of storage unit stuff.
Well, some of the stuff was miscellaneous ammo. She thought it had
been removed and put in a coffee can. When the rounds got hot enough t
was a little lively. She could hear the explosions a d stopped a piece
of the casing with her leg. None of the lead went anywhere. It was
still there when then raked through the mud after putting out the fire.
The casing is still in her leg, too small and too close to the kneecap
to dig for it.
She still gets annoyed when I offer to bring a few rounds down for the
next marshmallow roast;-)
Joe

Dave Hinz wrote:
On Thu, 22 Sep 2005 06:36:54 GMT, Gunner wrote:
On 21 Sep 2005 17:43:58 GMT, Dave Hinz wrote:

On Wed, 21 Sep 2005 16:56:01 GMT, Gunner wrote:

Gunner, a firm believer in the Viking Funeral concept.

Yeah. About that...my mom wants one of those when the time is
appropriate, and I don't have the first clue on how to pull it off
without seriously angering some authorities or others. I wonder if
Norway would be open to it, or maybe Orkney?

She going to have Liberals bound and gagged at her feet to escort her
to hell?

Heh... I'll mention that to her,she'll love it. But, seriously, where
can you pull off the flaming funeral ship send-off and not get in
trouble?

Most likely that depends a lot on how far out you are, or rather
on how far out the boat is befor you set it afire. Avoidance of
shipping lanes precludes it being a navigational hazard as well
as minimizing witnesses.

--

FF

Gerald Miller

On 23 Sep 2005 18:13:59 GMT, Dave Hinz wrote:

On Fri, 23 Sep 2005 09:42:25 -0700, Jim McGill wrote:
You're setting a bad example, Gunner (not that that seems to bother you
much :-) You know better than to put live ammo in a fire. It boils off
in all directions. Gotta make up your mind, either the Viking Funeral or
the loaded 45, not both.

Couple years ago, in (maybe) the Wisconsin Fire Journal, was an article
about a house fire. The owner had had an M1 Carbine hanging on the
wall, with loaded mag and one in the pipe. (yes. I know.) According
to the article (yes, I know that too), the round in the pipe cooked off,
the gun loaded the next one, and the process repeated a couple times.
Article was complete with photos of a burned gun, clearly an M1 carbine.

If I were to guess, I'd doubt the story entirely and assume it was just
loose rounds cooking off, but, who really knows...

As in most camps, the rule was "unload before entering" but the new
guy walked in and hung the .22 on the nail, catching the trigger as he
did. After it was empty, he packed his gear and left for home, leaving
his week's fees as a contribution to the laundry fund.
Gerry :-)}
London, Canada
Gunner Asch

wrote:

You're setting a bad example, Gunner (not that that seems to bother you
much :-) You know better than to put live ammo in a fire. It boils off
in all directions. Gotta make up your mind, either the Viking Funeral or
the loaded 45, not both.

Sorry about that, but, as an engineer I work with always reminds me,
first get the Physics right and everything else works better.

Mac

Ill be going out with a bang.
9 of them actually. Wilson mags..plus the 16 in the twin mag pouch

So while not a 21 gun self salute..it should get the message across.