Gerald Miller

On 23 Sep 2005 18:13:59 GMT, Dave Hinz wrote:

On Fri, 23 Sep 2005 09:42:25 -0700, Jim McGill wrote:
You're setting a bad example, Gunner (not that that seems to bother you
much :-) You know better than to put live ammo in a fire. It boils off
in all directions. Gotta make up your mind, either the Viking Funeral or
the loaded 45, not both.

Couple years ago, in (maybe) the Wisconsin Fire Journal, was an article
about a house fire. The owner had had an M1 Carbine hanging on the
wall, with loaded mag and one in the pipe. (yes. I know.) According
to the article (yes, I know that too), the round in the pipe cooked off,
the gun loaded the next one, and the process repeated a couple times.
Article was complete with photos of a burned gun, clearly an M1 carbine.

If I were to guess, I'd doubt the story entirely and assume it was just
loose rounds cooking off, but, who really knows...

As in most camps, the rule was "unload before entering" but the new
guy walked in and hung the .22 on the nail, catching the trigger as he
did. After it was empty, he packed his gear and left for home, leaving
his week's fees as a contribution to the laundry fund.
Gerry :-)}
London, Canada