Michael Horowitz

Default Mounting your angle grinder

I'm looking for schemes for mounting the angle grinder so that I can
use it as both a metal saw and a grinder (changing wheels of course).
- Mike

Thomas Trenkle

Is this what you are looking for:

Cut-off saw conversion kit.

Michael Horowitz wrote:
I'm looking for schemes for mounting the angle grinder so that I can
use it as both a metal saw and a grinder (changing wheels of course).
- Mike

Leo Lichtman

"Thomas Trenkle" wrote: Is this what you are looking
for:http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/cta...emnumber=40613
Cut-off saw conversion kit.
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
I submit this for what it's worth. I was present at HF when a customer was
looking at one of these. Another person walked up and said he had one in
his shop, but wouldn't allow his employees to use it because it is built so
sloppy. Looking at the price, I can believe it.

Grant Erwin

Michael Horowitz wrote:
I'm looking for schemes for mounting the angle grinder so that I can
use it as both a metal saw and a grinder (changing wheels of course).
- Mike

Here's how Ernie does it:
http://www.stagesmith.com/gallery/sh...der/index.html

He mostly uses his for finishing fishmouth cuts in tubing. I don't much like the
idea of using an angle grinder for a chop saw, but you can buy inexpensive jigs
to set them up that way.

GWE
JR North

Look between your ears...
JR
Dweller in the cellar

Michael Horowitz wrote:

I'm looking for schemes for mounting the angle grinder so that I can
use it as both a metal saw and a grinder (changing wheels of course).
- Mike

Dependence is Vulnerability:
"Open the Pod Bay Doors please, Hal"

Michael Horowitz

JR - always a good idea to see what others may have devised - Mike

Proctologically Violated©®

Mike,
Cutoff saws can be gotten so cheaply, it proly isn't worth it--the time to
buy/convert/mount it, or even change blades!
For example, I got a 10" chop saw from Sears for $88. I think I saw some on
sale there recently for $66!! Proly HF has cheapies for $22.
Nice to have separate saws for separate jobs, circumstances permitting.

The only reason I can see mounting an angle grinder is if you need a certain
wheel geometry for specific grinding jobs, like the fishmouths someone
mentioned. But not for sawing. imho.
Mr. P.V.'d
formerly Droll Troll
"Michael Horowitz" wrote in message
JR - always a good idea to see what others may have devised - Mike

Angle grinder to cut old iron pipes Mr Fizzion UK diy 16 September 8th 05 11:11 PM
Angle Grinder Advice mike. buckley UK diy 45 May 14th 05 10:49 AM
Angle Grinder... tony sayer UK diy 13 August 10th 04 02:54 AM
When using an angle grinder, should the blade spin towards or away from you? Jon Weaver UK diy 5 August 3rd 03 08:57 AM
Angle Grinder Advice Toby UK diy 7 July 10th 03 10:27 PM