Jon Anderson

Default FS: Grass Valley, CA, Sharp 3 axis CNC knee mill, Anilam control

Sharp 3 axis CNC knee mill, 10" x 50" table, square ways, NMTB 30 taper
spindle w/ power drawbar. There are NO holders included. Control is
Anilam 1400.
George owns a commercial shop and does very very nice work. He also
takes care of his machinery. While I've not looked this mill over up
close, from a distance, it looks as well kept as anything else in his
shop. He's moving to a smaller building and needs to sell this one.

530-274-3414, mill is located in Grass Valley, California.
George is the owner and to whom all questions should be directed. George
doesn't do computers, so you'll have to fall back to the old fashioned
telephone. No financial stake in this, just helping a friend.

Jon
Jon Anderson

Duh, forgot the price. Asking $7500.

Jon
Waynemak

Not sure what this mill goes for, but the used market on bridgeports is down
now. I was just looking at the prices on ebay for completed items and now is
a good time to buy if you are looking for one.
"Ignoramus9179" wrote in message
they sell for $1,500 to $2,000 on liquidation auctions...

On Mon, 15 Aug 2005 15:10:18 -0700, Jon Anderson
wrote:
Duh, forgot the price. Asking $7500.

Jon

Jon Anderson

Ignoramus9179 wrote:

I participated in a liquidation auction recently, bridgeports with
DRO's would go for $1,500, and a 3 HP Sharp sold for about $2k bucks,
IIRC. They are too much for me to handle, but I was salivating.

Was that Sharp a CNC? I have no clue either what the real market value
is. There aren't many machine tool auctions in this neck of the woods
though.

I just listed it for my friend, whether he gets that price, or accepts a
lower offer, is entirely between him and a prospective buyer. Buyers
should always do at least a little homework...

And something else you might want to consider. I attended the auction of
a former employer up here in Grass Valley a few years ago. The original
owner had a pretty poor attitude towards machine tools. I had a hard
time not running around telling everyone how thrashed the La gun mill
and Jet lathe were. They probably would have thought I was just trying
to discourage bidders and I might have been thrown out if the auctioneer
caught me. Those machines went for the sort of prices you mention, but
were worn out. A worn out $2k CNC mill isn't any bargain if it won't
hold tolerances.
Of course, if you score a tight one for that price, it surely would be a
bargain!

Jon
Gunner

On Mon, 15 Aug 2005 21:18:25 -0700, Jon Anderson
wrote:

Ignoramus9179 wrote:

[...]

Anyone want a Bridgeport Boss (no idea about the Series) with a fairly
recent rebuilders sticker on it...there is one in Palmdale California
for less.probably much less than a grand.

Has the original BP control on it, but the iron is minty.

Gunner

Gunner

Pete C.

wrote:

Ignoramus9179 wrote:

[...]

Er, Gunner, that might be worth the trip out there even at 9.5 MPG...

Pete C.
Gunner

wrote:

Ignoramus9179 wrote:

[...]

Brothers Swiss
____________________________

Work: 661-947-7705
Fax: 661-947-7978
Address: 39450 3rd. St. East
Palmdale, Ca. 93550

Contact Dwayne

Let the race begin!

Gunner

The two highest achievements of the human mind are the twin concepts of "loyalty" and "duty."
Whenever these twin concepts fall into disrepute -- get out of there fast! You may possibly
save yourself, but it is too late to save that society. It is doomed. " Lazarus Long