Pete C.

Gunner wrote:

On Mon, 15 Aug 2005 21:18:25 -0700, Jon Anderson
wrote:

Ignoramus9179 wrote:

I participated in a liquidation auction recently, bridgeports with
DRO's would go for $1,500, and a 3 HP Sharp sold for about $2k bucks,
IIRC. They are too much for me to handle, but I was salivating.

Was that Sharp a CNC? I have no clue either what the real market value
is. There aren't many machine tool auctions in this neck of the woods
though.

I just listed it for my friend, whether he gets that price, or accepts a
lower offer, is entirely between him and a prospective buyer. Buyers
should always do at least a little homework...

And something else you might want to consider. I attended the auction of
a former employer up here in Grass Valley a few years ago. The original
owner had a pretty poor attitude towards machine tools. I had a hard
time not running around telling everyone how thrashed the La gun mill
and Jet lathe were. They probably would have thought I was just trying
to discourage bidders and I might have been thrown out if the auctioneer
caught me. Those machines went for the sort of prices you mention, but
were worn out. A worn out $2k CNC mill isn't any bargain if it won't
hold tolerances.
Of course, if you score a tight one for that price, it surely would be a
bargain!

Jon

Anyone want a Bridgeport Boss (no idea about the Series) with a fairly
recent rebuilders sticker on it...there is one in Palmdale California
for less.probably much less than a grand.

Has the original BP control on it, but the iron is minty.

Gunner

Gunner

Er, Gunner, that might be worth the trip out there even at 9.5 MPG...

Pete C.