Default offsubject,cheap temp cell phone??

Hope u can help, what I am looking for is a cheap shortime cell
phone, for my wife and myself.. Something maybe for a week. I
''think'' I saw a commerical on TV about just such a thing, but, I
forget. thanks in advance.cl.
Richard Ferguson

Ask around if any of your friends have old cell phones in a drawer
somewhere. If you have an old cell phone you can buy prepaid service
pretty cheaply. If you don't have an old cell phone, you can buy a new
one for less than $100. With prepaid service, there is no contract. I
was in Target today, and there were a half dozen companies offering
prepaid service.

Richard

wrote:

Hope u can help, what I am looking for is a cheap shortime cell
phone, for my wife and myself.. Something maybe for a week. I
''think'' I saw a commerical on TV about just such a thing, but, I
forget. thanks in advance.cl.

william_b_noble

if you are so inclined, most cell phone services allow you 30 day
cancellation on a new service - alternatively, go into staples, or office
depot, etc - they all have a bin where you can toss your old cell when you
buy a new one - just ask for a phone from the bin and sign up for a prepaid
service
wrote in message
Hope u can help, what I am looking for is a cheap shortime cell
phone, for my wife and myself.. Something maybe for a week. I
''think'' I saw a commerical on TV about just such a thing, but, I
forget. thanks in advance.cl.

Spehro Pefhany

On Wed, 13 Jul 2005 23:39:16 -0500, the renowned
wrote:

Hope u can help, what I am looking for is a cheap shortime cell
phone, for my wife and myself.. Something maybe for a week. I
''think'' I saw a commerical on TV about just such a thing, but, I
forget. thanks in advance.cl.

Maybe this comparison will be helpful:

http://cellphones.about.com/od/servi...repaidcell.htm

Best regards,
Spehro Pefhany

jay s

My wife,son and I use the virgin mobile phones, they use the Sprint towers.
Phones are from 50 bucks on up and the card is 20 bucks to 50 bucks. You
have to by a 20 dollar card every 3 months min to keep the phone number.
Calls are .25 for the first ten minutes of every day and .10 a min after
that. Long distance is the same price anywhere in the US.
My wife and I only use about 10-15 bucks a month so its cheaper that a real
plan. The phones we had for almost a year now. Used them at IMTS with full
power everywhere in the building and at work I can get a clear signal where
other people can't even get one with a real plan.
I know people who have other pay as you go phones and their all happy with
them. You could both have a phone for the just in case need and not spend
anymore money than the cost of the phone and 80 bucks a year with the phones
we use.
What if her car breaks down? She wouldn't have to walk, she could call you
to pick her up. My son can be three blocks away and I can get him home
without having to look for him (he's thirteen).

wrote in message
Hope u can help, what I am looking for is a cheap shortime cell
phone, for my wife and myself.. Something maybe for a week. I
''think'' I saw a commerical on TV about just such a thing, but, I
forget. thanks in advance.cl.

Gerald Miller

On Thu, 14 Jul 2005 22:12:05 GMT, "jay s" wrote:

[...]

wrote in message
.. .
Hope u can help, what I am looking for is a cheap shortime cell
phone, for my wife and myself.. Something maybe for a week. I
''think'' I saw a commerical on TV about just such a thing, but, I
forget. thanks in advance.cl.

SWMBO has a pay and talk that costs $10 for a 30 day card that lasts
29 days, and as long as you don't let it lapse, the air time
accumulates (she now has over 12 hours available). An added feature is
up to five roadside assistance calls for a yearly fee of $48. (Already
used for a total of $90. in two tows) and it doesn't matter who's
vehicle so long as the phone is there.
Gerry :-)}
London, Canada

On Thu, 14 Jul 2005 04:48:58 GMT, Richard Ferguson
wrote:

Ask around if any of your friends have old cell phones in a drawer
somewhere. If you have an old cell phone you can buy prepaid service
pretty cheaply. If you don't have an old cell phone, you can buy a new
one for less than $100. With prepaid service, there is no contract. I
was in Target today, and there were a half dozen companies offering
prepaid service.

Richard

Vittually any pawn shop will have used"pay as you go" phones for sale,
and will buy them back when you are finished for what amounts to a
"rental fee"

Telephone Jack Charlie S. Home Repair 22 July 12th 05 03:13 AM
Cell phone scanners Blue Home Repair 28 May 31st 05 04:10 PM
a cell phone question RB Electronics Repair 5 March 9th 05 07:09 AM
How Realtors are using their cell phone Travis Jordan Home Ownership 3 February 18th 05 12:55 AM
SELL this FBI NOC LIST and MAKE MILLIONS like TOM CRUISE did in MISSION IMPOSSIBLE Keith Woodworking 0 October 25th 04 01:45 PM