Gerald Miller

On Thu, 14 Jul 2005 22:12:05 GMT, "jay s" wrote:

My wife,son and I use the virgin mobile phones, they use the Sprint towers.
Phones are from 50 bucks on up and the card is 20 bucks to 50 bucks. You
have to by a 20 dollar card every 3 months min to keep the phone number.
Calls are .25 for the first ten minutes of every day and .10 a min after
that. Long distance is the same price anywhere in the US.
My wife and I only use about 10-15 bucks a month so its cheaper that a real
plan. The phones we had for almost a year now. Used them at IMTS with full
power everywhere in the building and at work I can get a clear signal where
other people can't even get one with a real plan.
I know people who have other pay as you go phones and their all happy with
them. You could both have a phone for the just in case need and not spend
anymore money than the cost of the phone and 80 bucks a year with the phones
we use.
What if her car breaks down? She wouldn't have to walk, she could call you
to pick her up. My son can be three blocks away and I can get him home
without having to look for him (he's thirteen).

wrote in message
.. .
Hope u can help, what I am looking for is a cheap shortime cell
phone, for my wife and myself.. Something maybe for a week. I
''think'' I saw a commerical on TV about just such a thing, but, I
forget. thanks in advance.cl.

SWMBO has a pay and talk that costs $10 for a 30 day card that lasts
29 days, and as long as you don't let it lapse, the air time
accumulates (she now has over 12 hours available). An added feature is
up to five roadside assistance calls for a yearly fee of $48. (Already
used for a total of $90. in two tows) and it doesn't matter who's
vehicle so long as the phone is there.
Gerry :-)}
London, Canada