Ronnie

Default QUESTION ABOUT QUALITY OF HOBART MIG WELDERS

It's been rumored that Lincoln now owns Hobart, and the quality of the
Hobart machine isn't what it used to be. Any truth to that rumor?

I'm needing a little more welder than the Millermatic 135, and have
seen Hobart machines for less $ than Millers or Lincolns. Thanks!
Ronnie

SteveB

"Ronnie" wrote in message
oups.com...
It's been rumored that Lincoln now owns Hobart, and the quality of the
Hobart machine isn't what it used to be. Any truth to that rumor?

I'm needing a little more welder than the Millermatic 135, and have
seen Hobart machines for less $ than Millers or Lincolns. Thanks!
Ronnie

And I have seen HF and Ming Ling welder$ for a lot le$$ ca$h than Millers
and Lincolns.

You get what you pay for. Buy quality, and cry only once. Or just keep
buying pieces of ****. It's up to you.

STeve

Don Foreman

On 1 Jul 2005 20:34:45 -0700, "Ronnie" wrote:

It's been rumored that Lincoln now owns Hobart, and the quality of the
Hobart machine isn't what it used to be. Any truth to that rumor?

I'm needing a little more welder than the Millermatic 135, and have
seen Hobart machines for less $ than Millers or Lincolns. Thanks!
Ronnie

Miller (not Lincoln) bought Hobart. The Hobarts now look just like
Millers, though they sometimes lack a couple of minor features. I
expect that they are the same basic machines.

OT Guns more Guns Cliff Metalworking 519 December 12th 04 05:52 AM
Simple question regarding Ceiling tiles and sound? lbbs UK diy 5 March 26th 04 01:36 AM
Simple question regarding Ceiling tiles and sound? lbbs Home Repair 6 March 26th 04 01:23 AM
Simple question regarding Ceiling tiles and sound? lbbs Home Ownership 2 March 25th 04 07:03 PM
120V/240V AC Output Quality Of Welders Barry S. Metalworking 29 February 18th 04 07:52 PM