DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   QUESTION ABOUT QUALITY OF HOBART MIG WELDERS (https://www.diybanter.com/metalworking/111309-question-about-quality-hobart-mig-welders.html)

Ronnie July 2nd 05 04:34 AM

QUESTION ABOUT QUALITY OF HOBART MIG WELDERS

It's been rumored that Lincoln now owns Hobart, and the quality of the
Hobart machine isn't what it used to be. Any truth to that rumor?

I'm needing a little more welder than the Millermatic 135, and have
seen Hobart machines for less $ than Millers or Lincolns. Thanks!
Ronnie

SteveB July 2nd 05 05:02 AM

"Ronnie" wrote in message
oups.com...
It's been rumored that Lincoln now owns Hobart, and the quality of the
Hobart machine isn't what it used to be. Any truth to that rumor?

I'm needing a little more welder than the Millermatic 135, and have
seen Hobart machines for less $ than Millers or Lincolns. Thanks!
Ronnie

And I have seen HF and Ming Ling welder$ for a lot le$$ ca$h than Millers
and Lincolns.

You get what you pay for. Buy quality, and cry only once. Or just keep
buying pieces of ****. It's up to you.

STeve

Don Foreman July 2nd 05 05:31 PM

On 1 Jul 2005 20:34:45 -0700, "Ronnie" wrote:

It's been rumored that Lincoln now owns Hobart, and the quality of the
Hobart machine isn't what it used to be. Any truth to that rumor?

I'm needing a little more welder than the Millermatic 135, and have
seen Hobart machines for less $ than Millers or Lincolns. Thanks!
Ronnie

Miller (not Lincoln) bought Hobart. The Hobarts now look just like
Millers, though they sometimes lack a couple of minor features. I
expect that they are the same basic machines.