surftom

Default Steel Source in Toronto

Any recommendation for 'normal' steel supplies in toronto? I sometimes
go to North York Iron, but unless you arrive with a flatbed truck they
won't even take the time to tell you they don't want your business. If
I ever make it big I'll know where *not* to shop :-)

Need 4 or 5 lengths of angle, flat square - 3/4" to 2.5" - you know -
the usual stuff.

Look forward to you responses - and while I sometimes go to metals
supermarket for the odd specialty items - it's the long normal stuff I
need

Thanks

Tom

Jeff Williams

Hello,

Metal Supermarket alwasy works for me.

http://www.metalsupermarkets.com/

Use the WWW sites' store finder for the closest to you, there are many
in the GTA.

Jeff

surftom wrote:
Any recommendation for 'normal' steel supplies in toronto? I sometimes
go to North York Iron, but unless you arrive with a flatbed truck they
won't even take the time to tell you they don't want your business. If
I ever make it big I'll know where *not* to shop :-)

Need 4 or 5 lengths of angle, flat square - 3/4" to 2.5" - you know -
the usual stuff.

Look forward to you responses - and while I sometimes go to metals
supermarket for the odd specialty items - it's the long normal stuff I
need

Thanks

Tom

DOC

I like the Metal Place on Steeles.

Contact info he
http://findabusiness.yellowpages.ca/...00924620124280
006.html

along with a bunch of others.

I don't much like Metal Supermarket especially the one on Dixie. They seem
to charge TOP dollar, and have a little too much smoke up the rear. YMMV.

There is one in the HW 7 and 400 area where they treat me a little better.

BTW, if you are in the hobby end of things you might want to check out
the Muddlers.

http://www.tsme.ca

DOC

surftom wrote:
Any recommendation for 'normal' steel supplies in toronto? I sometimes
go to North York Iron, but unless you arrive with a flatbed truck they
won't even take the time to tell you they don't want your business. If
I ever make it big I'll know where *not* to shop :-)

Need 4 or 5 lengths of angle, flat square - 3/4" to 2.5" - you know -
the usual stuff.

Look forward to you responses - and while I sometimes go to metals
supermarket for the odd specialty items - it's the long normal stuff I
need

Thanks

Tom

Jeff Williams

Hello,

I agree the Metal Supermarket locations are hit and miss.

I usually head to the one in Markham (close to my house) on Saturday
AM since I know I will always deal with the same guy (and not the
manager - Randy). I bring cash and he knows when I arrive it will be
cash and I usually get away with good deals.
The one on Carlingview near the airport are pretty good as well,
owned and operated by the same bunch as Markham.

BTW, thanks for the Muddlers link.

TTYL, Jeff

DOC wrote:

I like the Metal Place on Steeles.

Contact info he
http://findabusiness.yellowpages.ca/...00924620124280
006.html

along with a bunch of others.

I don't much like Metal Supermarket especially the one on Dixie. They seem
to charge TOP dollar, and have a little too much smoke up the rear. YMMV.

There is one in the HW 7 and 400 area where they treat me a little better.

BTW, if you are in the hobby end of things you might want to check out
the Muddlers.

http://www.tsme.ca

DOC

distracted

I have gone to Dixie Metal Supermarket a couple times and came out
annoyed on both ocassions due to what I considered price gouging. Just
thought it was me being too cheap. Now I think different. I will
definitely be checking out the shops mentioned. - Distracted.

I like the Metal Place on Steeles.

Contact info he
http://findabusiness.yellowpages.ca/...00924620124280
006.html

along with a bunch of others.

I don't much like Metal Supermarket especially the one on Dixie. They seem
to charge TOP dollar, and have a little too much smoke up the rear. YMMV.

There is one in the HW 7 and 400 area where they treat me a little better.

BTW, if you are in the hobby end of things you might want to check out
the Muddlers.

http://www.tsme.ca

DOC

Soldering aluminum tubing to steel sheet metal Racer X Metalworking 8 May 15th 04 12:16 AM
Old Steel - New Steel Jim Stewart Metalworking 29 April 5th 04 09:24 PM
Looking for High speed steel source in canada blabla Woodworking 7 January 26th 04 03:13 AM
blue steel for carving tools? Bob Swinney Metalworking 7 July 17th 03 01:39 AM