Jim

Default Looking for CANADIAN Supplier of Ornamental Iron parts

Thanks for reading this. ........As the topic states, I am looking for a
Can.supplier for fence post caps. I have Googled and can't seem to find what
I have been looking for. I have some decorative iron fencing that I wish to
put in my front yard but need matching fence caps to match the tops of a
brick structure I am tying this fence into.

I HAVE found this in Texas located he

http://www.decorativeiron.com/?a11=C... &a8=4%20INCH

It is in the 4th row up from the bottom (part #NC809) and they are 4" newel
post caps.

I need 10 of these....I didn't want the hassle of dealing with customs an
UPS and these "brokerage fees" and Lord knows what else for shipping to
Canada. Thanks for any replies....Jim

Pete

Contact George Brezdan LTD in Burnaby BC they have all of the fittings.
You will need a GST # since they are wholesale only. I believe the minimum
cash sale is $50.00.

Pete

"Jim" wrote in message

Thanks for reading this. ........As the topic states, I am looking for a
Can.supplier for fence post caps. I have Googled and can't seem to find
what
I have been looking for. I have some decorative iron fencing that I wish
put in my front yard but need matching fence caps to match the tops of a
brick structure I am tying this fence into.

I HAVE found this in Texas located he

http://www.decorativeiron.com/?a11=C... &a8=4%20INCH

It is in the 4th row up from the bottom (part #NC809) and they are 4"
newel
post caps.

I need 10 of these....I didn't want the hassle of dealing with customs an
UPS and these "brokerage fees" and Lord knows what else for shipping to
Canada. Thanks for any replies....Jim

Brian Lawson

Hey Jim,

I do seem to recall a supplier in Quebec for the more "ornamental"
kind, but I couldn't find it now with google either. The kind I
recall were more like the ones in the bottom row though. And I guess
you won't settle for plastic for 4 X 4 fence post caps, available at
any lumber place in dark green, or in a tan colour to match newer
colour PT wood and for painting?

Anyway, if the "border" is your only problem, where do you live?
Maybe we can help out some other way. For instance, I pay at least a
monthly visit to Detroit, and have in the past had stuff shipped to
friends there for me to pick-up. I see the "sask-tel" in your
e-dress, so I'm maybe not the best, because what would happen is you'd
pay "Texas" to ship it all the way to Detroit, and then pay me to ship
it sideways form Ontario to Sask. Not very economical.

You might ask around where you live, for someone that does this sort
of stuff on a regular basis, and find out the "truth" instead of just
more BS or "I heard that..." rumours. And ask at Canada Post about
United States Postal Service incoming. Maybe have the shipper send
two parcels at 15 pounds each, instead of one at 25. That sort of
thing.. This border thing isn't as bad as you might think, EXCEPT
that UPS (that's not USPostalService) hits pretty hard. They want you
to sign up for them to be your border broker!! So, ask DHL, Loomis,
Purolator, FedEX, CanPar, etc.

Take care. Good Luck.

Brian Lawson,
Bothwell, Ontario. (70 miles east of Detroit)
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX