Charlie

Default Airco 350 TIG opinions sought.

I recently found a guy selling an Airco 350 TIG welder with
accessories local to me. The thing looks almost new and comes with a
bunch of accessories (water cooler, torches, pedals, regulator, AL,
stainless and steel filler rod, and a cart). He's asking $1200, but a
quick google search brings up almost nothing about this machine.
Everybody tells me to get a Miller Syncrowave, but I don't have enough
money for one comparably equipped. Anybody have opinions about Airco?
Or this welder in particular?

FWIW this Airco was made by ESAB

thanks

chuck-
Grant Erwin

Charlie wrote:
I recently found a guy selling an Airco 350 TIG welder with
accessories local to me. The thing looks almost new and comes with a
bunch of accessories (water cooler, torches, pedals, regulator, AL,
stainless and steel filler rod, and a cart). He's asking $1200, but a
quick google search brings up almost nothing about this machine.
Everybody tells me to get a Miller Syncrowave, but I don't have enough
money for one comparably equipped. Anybody have opinions about Airco?
Or this welder in particular?

FWIW this Airco was made by ESAB

I would find out if ESAB supports this machine with parts *before* you buy.
Also, is that a real huge machine? I know a Syncrowave 350 is a very big machine
indeed. No tanks, either, be sure to figure that cost in.

GWE
Jon Elson

Charlie wrote:
I recently found a guy selling an Airco 350 TIG welder with
accessories local to me. The thing looks almost new and comes with a
bunch of accessories (water cooler, torches, pedals, regulator, AL,
stainless and steel filler rod, and a cart). He's asking $1200, but a
quick google search brings up almost nothing about this machine.
Everybody tells me to get a Miller Syncrowave, but I don't have enough
money for one comparably equipped. Anybody have opinions about Airco?

I got a Lincoln Square Wave TIG 300 on eBay for $1295 plus shipping.
I am VERY happy with the machine. It was similarly equipped (water
cooled torch with fingertip control (which I converted into a pedal)
new regulator/flowmeter, cart, cooler, just no filler rod).
The shipping was huge, so you are lucky to find one local!
The Lincoln is a HUGE old-style transformer welder. I don't
know the Airco machine.

Jon

Gunner

On Wed, 08 Jun 2005 09:33:12 -0400, Charlie
wrote:

I recently found a guy selling an Airco 350 TIG welder with
accessories local to me. The thing looks almost new and comes with a
bunch of accessories (water cooler, torches, pedals, regulator, AL,
stainless and steel filler rod, and a cart). He's asking $1200, but a
quick google search brings up almost nothing about this machine.
Everybody tells me to get a Miller Syncrowave, but I don't have enough
money for one comparably equipped. Anybody have opinions about Airco?
Or this welder in particular?

FWIW this Airco was made by ESAB

thanks

chuck-

$1200 for a 20 yr old tig is a bit steep. Airco went tits up in the
late 80s, though the machines they rebadged were as you indicated
often made by many other companies..Miller being one of the biggest
suppliers.

That being said..have had several Airco welders of various types and
they are decent machines. Im in trading negotiation for a Airco 300
Squarewave with digital readouts at the moment, with chiller,etc etc
etc. Cash price is $500. And no..its spoken for. We are still working
out the swap/trade details. G

Where are you located? I might be able to find you a tig.

Gunner

for torturing the cat." Gunner

HELP/WTB: Plasma Cutter, Recommendations Sought [email protected] Metalworking 1 February 17th 05 01:41 AM
Opinions sought: drywall vs plywood. Eric R Snow Metalworking 15 January 14th 05 05:08 PM
Advice and opinions sought for homemade backhoe Eric R Snow Metalworking 19 December 16th 04 05:24 AM
OT Guns more Guns Cliff Metalworking 519 December 12th 04 05:52 AM
Airco George Woodworking 4 September 23rd 04 12:34 PM