Karl Vorwerk

Default OT small compressor suggestions

I'm looking for suggestions for which brand/model portable compressor to
buy. Primary purpose will be operating a framing nailer or finish nailer.
We're looking for easily portable, say pancake or that small 2 tank one at
Home Depot.
Thanks
Karl

Gary Brady

Karl Vorwerk wrote:
I'm looking for suggestions for which brand/model portable compressor to
buy. Primary purpose will be operating a framing nailer or finish nailer.
We're looking for easily portable, say pancake or that small 2 tank one at
Home Depot.
Thanks
Karl

I've owned one of the Campbell Hausfeld "hot dog" compressor that Home
Depot sells for about 7 years now. I'm in the remodeling business, so
it gets quite a bit of use. It won't run a framing nailer in continuous
mode, say, nailing down decking, but is fine for occasional framing or
trim nailer use. It's been beat up pretty bad over the years and is
still useful. I'm surprised that it has lasted this long.

Gary Brady
Austin, TX
John

Perhaps it's worth mentioning to stay away from the "oilless,
direct-drive" pumps. Mine is so noisy it drives me out of the garage
when it kicks in. Good luck.

Greg O

"Karl Vorwerk" wrote in message
I'm looking for suggestions for which brand/model portable compressor to
buy. Primary purpose will be operating a framing nailer or finish nailer.
We're looking for easily portable, say pancake or that small 2 tank one at
Home Depot.
Thanks
Karl

DeWalt makes one that for a small portable unit is pretty quiet. A finish
carpenter had on a jobsite the other day and we could talk while the
compressor was running. Not cheap though! Seems to me it has a oil lube
pump, 1725 RPM motor. If money was not a problem it would be the one I would
get.
http://www.dewalt.com/us/products/to...productID=4773
This one IIRC.
Greg

Karl Vorwerk

Thanks
We were looking at the Campbell Hausfield and the Dewalt.
I know what your talking about. I put on hearing protection when we run the
shop compressor.
Thanks
Karl