Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Dan

Default Remove locking wheel studs?

Recently I purchased a used car from a private party for my wife. A couple
of days ago we noticed that there were wheel locks installed, so we called
the seller, and of course, they have no idea where the keys are.

A quick call to the dealership and a quote of $180.00 to replace the key
(!!!) and I am motivated to find a way to remove the locks without damaging
the studs or wheels.

Here is a close up photo of a locked stud and an unlocked one:
http://www.oz.net/~dans/lock.jpg

I have basic metalworking gear at my disposal, files, dremel, drills,
c-clamps, etc. but nothing major such as oxy-acetylene or other welding
gear. Is this something that a local tire shop could handle for me? It
can't be too unusual of a situation....

Thanks,
-Dan

Snow thrower wheel drive problem Jim Home Ownership 4 March 2nd 05 03:03 AM
Sharpening drill bits - use fine or course wheel?? davefr Metalworking 6 February 7th 05 06:03 PM
Bandsaw wheel alignment? Woodworking 6 January 7th 05 01:40 AM
diamond cutting wheel question Bob H UK diy 13 November 28th 04 01:01 PM
New bandsaw saga PartII (long) Bruce Woodworking 0 December 30th 03 06:41 PM