Dan

Default Remove locking wheel studs?

Recently I purchased a used car from a private party for my wife. A couple
of days ago we noticed that there were wheel locks installed, so we called
the seller, and of course, they have no idea where the keys are.

A quick call to the dealership and a quote of $180.00 to replace the key
(!!!) and I am motivated to find a way to remove the locks without damaging
the studs or wheels.

Here is a close up photo of a locked stud and an unlocked one:
http://www.oz.net/~dans/lock.jpg

I have basic metalworking gear at my disposal, files, dremel, drills,
c-clamps, etc. but nothing major such as oxy-acetylene or other welding
gear. Is this something that a local tire shop could handle for me? It
can't be too unusual of a situation....

Thanks,
-Dan