Grady

Default OE problems with messages

Anyone having problems the last few days with Outlook Express as your reader
for this group? A small percentage of the posts come through with (no
subject) and when you open it says Outlook Express had trouble reading the
message, check disk space or memory. I know it is neither of those problems
for sure. I have 280 gigs, and the partition that OE data is on is 80 gigs
with about 50 gigs open, and I have a gig of memory with nothing else
running.

DanG

Grady,
Do you happen to use cox.central.net??

I think the problem is with your server, not your software.
Change the Cox server from central to either east or west and your
problem should disappear.

(top posted for your convenience)
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Keep the whole world singing . . . .
DanG (remove the sevens)

"Grady" wrote in message
Anyone having problems the last few days with Outlook Express as
your reader for this group? A small percentage of the posts come
through with (no subject) and when you open it says Outlook
Express had trouble reading the message, check disk space or
memory. I know it is neither of those problems for sure. I have
280 gigs, and the partition that OE data is on is 80 gigs with
about 50 gigs open, and I have a gig of memory with nothing else
running.

Wild Bill

I had a similar problem with "Message no longer available" errors and
numerous missed posts for the 19th and 20th.
Typically when this sort of problem occurs, after the problem is corrected,
I'll see numerous threads with the prefix, and the OP's post won't show
up at all.

I suspect that (for my situation) it was a feed problem from Newsfeeds, and
in your case might've been a similar problem with your ISP's news feed.

WB

"Grady" wrote in message
Anyone having problems the last few days with Outlook Express as your

reader
for this group? A small percentage of the posts come through with (no
subject) and when you open it says Outlook Express had trouble reading the
message, check disk space or memory. I know it is neither of those

problems
for sure. I have 280 gigs, and the partition that OE data is on is 80 gigs
with about 50 gigs open, and I have a gig of memory with nothing else
running.

Grady

Exactly. I switched to news.west.cox.net and the problem went away. I dont
know if they got the central servers back online yet. Will try it one of
these days and see. The west servers dont seem near as fast as the central
servers. I have been well pleased with Cox as my isp since they bought
Multimedia out here in the central US. Great speeds, very very little
problems.