SteveB

Default WTB Vise Grip Clamps

I am looking for some Irwin Vise Grip clamps.

8R, 9R, and 11R

The 8R is the duck bill sheet metal clamp.
The 9R is the square head clamp.
The 11R is a larger pinscer type clamp.

Must be Vise Grip brand, and in decent or better shape. I am already
bidding on some on ebay, but need several more.

E mail me.

Steve

Grant Erwin

SteveB wrote:

I am looking for some Irwin Vise Grip clamps.

8R, 9R, and 11R

The 8R is the duck bill sheet metal clamp.
The 9R is the square head clamp.
The 11R is a larger pinscer type clamp.

Must be Vise Grip brand, and in decent or better shape. I am already
bidding on some on ebay, but need several more.

Well, if we knew where you are, that might help! - GWE
SteveB

"Grant Erwin" wrote in message
SteveB wrote:

I am looking for some Irwin Vise Grip clamps.

8R, 9R, and 11R

The 8R is the duck bill sheet metal clamp.
The 9R is the square head clamp.
The 11R is a larger pinscer type clamp.

Must be Vise Grip brand, and in decent or better shape. I am already
bidding on some on ebay, but need several more.

Well, if we knew where you are, that might help! - GWE

In what way?

Steve

BTW, I live in Las Vegas, and had figured to pay for the shipping, too. We
have been accused of being hedonistic and backwards, but we DO have USPS and
UPS.

Lane

BTW, I live in Las Vegas, and had figured to pay for the shipping, too.
We have been accused of being hedonistic and backwards, but we DO have
USPS and UPS.

Why not just go to the local hardware store and buy them? Or order via
McMaster etc?
They aren't that hard to get a hold of? What am I missing here?

Lane

SteveB

"Lane" lane (no spam) at copperaccents dot com wrote in message

BTW, I live in Las Vegas, and had figured to pay for the shipping, too.
We have been accused of being hedonistic and backwards, but we DO have
USPS and UPS.

Why not just go to the local hardware store and buy them? Or order via
McMaster etc?
They aren't that hard to get a hold of? What am I missing here?

Lane

I went to Sears, Home Depot, Lowe's, and Ace looking for the 8r for some
sheet metal work. Ace was the only place that had any, and they wanted $23
per copy. Online, they are $14.70 plus shipping.

11R is about $17 to $23 per.

I need about a dozen, and that's about two hundred bucks.

Point is, I am cheap, and just wanted to get some for less than going out
and buying new. They last a long time, and the extra money feels good in my
pocket.

Some people may have some who don't want, need, or use them, and that money
would feel good in their pocket, too.

About the only thing more fun that money in a pocket is a pocket with a hole
in it ............... ;-0

Steve

SteveB

"Lane" lane (no spam) at copperaccents dot com wrote in message

BTW, I live in Las Vegas, and had figured to pay for the shipping, too.
We have been accused of being hedonistic and backwards, but we DO have
USPS and UPS.

Why not just go to the local hardware store and buy them? Or order via
McMaster etc?
They aren't that hard to get a hold of? What am I missing here?

Lane

An auction just ended where I bought four 11R's for $27.55 ..... that's $7
each for one that sells locally for $17 to $23. Freight will kick that up,
but the total will be far less than $68 to $92.

Steve

Lane

"SteveB" wrote in message news:cwuje.11448

Why not just go to the local hardware store and buy them? Or order via
McMaster etc?
They aren't that hard to get a hold of? What am I missing here?

Lane

An auction just ended where I bought four 11R's for $27.55 ..... that's $7
each for one that sells locally for $17 to $23. Freight will kick that
up, but the total will be far less than $68 to $92.

Steve

In your initial post you didn't specify anything about price, new or used.
Sorry I'm not able to read between the lines so I had to ask.

Another thing to think of is what is your time worth? If you can wait for
the occasional good buy on a used pair, fine. Sounds like your project isn't
one that has to be done immediately.

Good luck in your quest.
Lane

SteveB

"Lane" lane (no spam) at copperaccents dot com wrote

In your initial post you didn't specify anything about price, new or used.
Sorry I'm not able to read between the lines so I had to ask.

Another thing to think of is what is your time worth? If you can wait for
the occasional good buy on a used pair, fine. Sounds like your project
isn't one that has to be done immediately.

Good luck in your quest.
Lane

Sorry, I was vague.

When I got started, I went out and got ten new ones. They were $17 each.
Now, I am adding to it, and have enough most of the time. Just some of the
time, I run short.

Every couple of times a year, I do some sheet metal thing. So, I wanted a
duckbill to make it easier. Last couple of days I made a swamp cooler
plenum out of sheet metal, and had to use a rubber mallet and the edge of
some angle iron to make bends.

Some tools, you only need once or twice a year, but when you do, it makes a
big difference.

Steve

DoN. Nichols

In article xbvje.12110$gp.2287@fed1read03,
SteveB wrote:

"Lane" lane (no spam) at copperaccents dot com wrote

In your initial post you didn't specify anything about price, new or used.
Sorry I'm not able to read between the lines so I had to ask.

[ ... ]

Sorry, I was vague.

When I got started, I went out and got ten new ones. They were $17 each.
Now, I am adding to it, and have enough most of the time. Just some of the
time, I run short.

Might I suggest checking with one of the big vendors, like MSC,
and seeing what kind of price they would give you in your quantity. Not
likely to be as low as used ones from eBay (though you never know just
how wild the eBay pricing will be at times), but it might be enough of a
savings to make the difference over buying one from here, and another
form there, all with separate shipping.

Or perhaps something like one of the cheap import (e.g. Harbor
Freight) combination brake/shear/rollers might do and cost less than all
of the Vice-Grips bought in a lump -- depending on the size of your
sheet metal. They would not do for the aluminum which I might be
bending up for electronic chassis, but for ducting material, they might
do quite well (after spending some time tuning them up. :-)

Good Luck,
DoN.

--
Email: | Voice (all times): (703) 938-4564
William

SteveB wrote:

[...]

About every other month Enco has them on sale for under 14.00 if I remember
right, and free freight on over $50 orders.

I think I have over 20 of them now, I like the SP models better but I have
at least 10 of the standard ones too...

William...

How old is a Morgan 10A vise? Silvan Woodworking 41 December 7th 20 04:45 AM
Clamps Darrell Feltmate Woodturning 6 January 19th 05 08:32 AM
Two slides and angle vise Doug Goncz Metalworking 0 February 13th 04 05:02 PM
Veritas twin-screw vise install report Mike in Mystic Woodworking 14 November 27th 03 05:11 PM
Jorgensen Cabinet Master Clamps ON SALE TomL Woodworking 2 August 3rd 03 04:49 PM