shedfull

Default If you were to start again, how would you do it?

Hi I am stating to create my own home W/shop in the UK,

I'd like some ideas on grinding lathe and cutting tools for a 13" lathe
& a 10" shaper , Im ok on the shapes, what I would like to know is;

Ideal size of grinder wheel ?(bigger the better?)
grit grade ? for roughining and finishing
bench or pedestel (or Ive read on here to mount a (bench grinder) at
chest? height)
Tool rests (need 'em or not?)

So really I'm asking, with practical experience and hindsight, what's
the best set up?

TIA

Lee

Old Nick

very young
JohnM

Old Nick wrote:
very young

Yeah. Wealthy too, don't forget wealthy.

John
Blue Skies

why not just marry a rich girl and call it an expensive hobby?

"Robert Nichols" wrote in
message ...
In article ,
Old Nick nsnsafemail#iinet.net.au wrote:
:very young

I think I'd start with some womb re-decorating -- new color scheme,
nail up a few pictures on the walls, get cable TV installed, ...,
that sort of thing. Prob'ly not enough room in there for a
big-screen TV though. Darn!

--
Bob Nichols AT comcast.net I am "rnichols42"