Terry Coombs

Default Lucky me , or a small gloat

Met a local guy thru one of the Harley forums , and let him have a set of
saddlebags in anticipation of "something in trade" .
Yesterday he brought me a complete set of Dave Gingery's how to books .
I'll be starting my charcoal furnace soon , and after a little casting
practice , a shaper and mill will be added to my shop ...
--
Snag aka OSG #1
'76 FLH "Bag Lady"

Terry Coombs

Tom Gardner wrote:
Sorry, I misread the header and my curiosity was piqued with the
words: "Lucky" and small "Goat" and thus I was drawn in.

What , you though I got lucky with a small goat ? I do own land in the
Ozarks , but haven't moved up there yet ...

--
Snag aka OSG #1
'76 FLH "Bag Lady"

"Terry Coombs" wrote in message
. ..
Met a local guy thru one of the Harley forums , and let him have a
set of saddlebags in anticipation of "something in trade" .
Yesterday he brought me a complete set of Dave Gingery's how to
books . I'll be starting my charcoal furnace soon , and after a
little casting practice , a shaper and mill will be added to my shop
... --
Snag aka OSG #1
'76 FLH "Bag Lady"
"A hand shift is a manly shift ."
shamelessly stolen

Terry Coombs

Tom Gardner wrote:
Terry, I have to apologize for way my mind works all the time...and
in this group, I'm in good company.

I grew up in rural Northern Utahaha . Out there it was sheep ... "five
thousand lambs , and you picked the ugliest one !"

--
Snag aka OSG #1
'76 FLH "Bag Lady"

Tom Gardner wrote:
[...]

Harold and Susan Vordos

"Terry Coombs" wrote in message
. ..
snip

I grew up in rural Northern Utahaha .

How rural? How "Northern"? Anywhere near SLC? I lived in the Salt
Lake Valley for over 55 years. I sure miss those smoggy winters. g

Harold

Terry Coombs

Harold and Susan Vordos wrote:
"Terry Coombs" wrote in message
. ..
snip

I grew up in rural Northern Utahaha .

How rural? How "Northern"? Anywhere near SLC? I lived in the
Salt Lake Valley for over 55 years. I sure miss those smoggy
winters. g

Harold

How about Deweyville ? Two and a half miles east of Tremonton , about 14
miles north of Brigham City (lived there for a few years too) right at the
foot of the Wasatch Front . A town so small that when you changed the
"bathroom decor" (pink tissue instead of blue) everyone in town knew before
noon .

--
Snag aka OSG #1
'76 FLH "Bag Lady"

Harold and Susan Vordos

"Terry Coombs" wrote in message
Harold and Susan Vordos wrote:
"Terry Coombs" wrote in message
. ..
snip

I grew up in rural Northern Utahaha .

How rural? How "Northern"? Anywhere near SLC? I lived in the
Salt Lake Valley for over 55 years. I sure miss those smoggy
winters. g

Harold

How about Deweyville ? Two and a half miles east of Tremonton , about 14
miles north of Brigham City (lived there for a few years too) right at the
foot of the Wasatch Front . A town so small that when you changed the
"bathroom decor" (pink tissue instead of blue) everyone in town knew

before
noon .

I guess our paths never crossed, then. Of all the northern cities, I liked
Brigham City the best. I used to hunt ducks northwest of there, Salt Creek.

I recall driving north several years ago in search of an old ('36) Auburn
boattailed speedster, which was owned originally by the fire chief in Ogden.
Found the car in a fall down old garage, but I can't remember in which town.
At the time the guy wanted something like $10,000 for the car, which
appeared to be outrageous (it wasn't). It was sold several years later, so
it's long gone. I should have bought the car. At that point in life I
was involved in classics and already owned a '36 Convertible coupe Auburn
and a '37 Cord Custom Beverly Sedan. I'd be independently wealthy had I
used good sense and kept them longer. Sigh.

Harold

GLOAT MAJOR GLOAT A REALLY BIG GLOAT jerry Woodworking 22 December 19th 04 05:33 PM
small gloat Fishn2much Woodworking 3 October 18th 04 11:47 PM
gloat gloat gloat Jon Grimm Metalworking 4 August 25th 04 10:03 PM
Small Table Making Software - Instructional Software Program JK Woodworking 0 February 15th 04 07:50 PM
Small shop dust control. Ellestad Woodworking 11 February 1st 04 03:08 AM