kevinlongisland

Default Bending Brakes

Hello all. I'm looking to purchase a bending brake for maximum 1/16"
aluminum. widest bend would be less than 10". I'm looking to spend
less than $200. I dont need a box break with the fingers. What are
some good manufacturers? Any recomendations are greatly appreciated.

Gary Wooding

kevinlongisland wrote:
Hello all. I'm looking to purchase a bending brake for maximum 1/16"
aluminum. widest bend would be less than 10". I'm looking to spend
less than $200. I dont need a box break with the fingers. What are
some good manufacturers? Any recomendations are greatly appreciated.

I purchased one of the small Chinese 3in1 machines here in UK -
Guillotine, bending rolls and bending brake (it even has fingers for
making boxes). It accepts sheet up to 12" wide, works remarkably well
and cost around £115 including shipping.

Just for the UK guys - I got it from Chester UK and have been very
pleased with the service.

--

Regards, Gary Wooding
Keith Marshall

I purchased one of the small Chinese 3in1 machines here in UK -
Guillotine, bending rolls and bending brake (it even has fingers for
making boxes). It accepts sheet up to 12" wide, works remarkably well and
cost around £115 including shipping.

They're available in the US too. Harbor Freight has 3 sizes but the
smallest is 30" and runs about $400. I've seen it on sale for $280 IIRC.

Wholesale Tool has the 12" variety but if they don't have a store near you
shipping would probably be quite pricey!

http://www.wttool.com/p/2800-0405

It can handle 20 gauge mild steel but I don't know what that equates to in
aluminum.

Best Regards,
Keith Marshall

"I'm not grown up enough to be so old!"

"Gary Wooding" wrote in message
kevinlongisland wrote:
Hello all. I'm looking to purchase a bending brake for maximum 1/16"
aluminum. widest bend would be less than 10". I'm looking to spend
less than $200. I dont need a box break with the fingers. What are
some good manufacturers? Any recomendations are greatly appreciated.

I purchased one of the small Chinese 3in1 machines here in UK -
Guillotine, bending rolls and bending brake (it even has fingers for
making boxes). It accepts sheet up to 12" wide, works remarkably well and
cost around £115 including shipping.

Just for the UK guys - I got it from Chester UK and have been very pleased
with the service.

--

Regards, Gary Wooding

Ken Moffett

"kevinlongisland" wrote in
oups.com:

Hello all. I'm looking to purchase a bending brake for maximum 1/16"
aluminum. widest bend would be less than 10". I'm looking to spend
less than $200. I dont need a box break with the fingers. What are
some good manufacturers? Any recomendations are greatly appreciated.

Most of the small, cheap brakes are spec'ed for 20 gauge mild steel or 16
Ga soft aluminum (if you believe the ad's). 16 Ga. aluminum is 0.060". You
need one rated for 11 Ga. Al.

I've seen break anvils, that fit in an H-frame hydraulic press, that might
work. Check Northern Tools and Equipment.

http://www.northerntool.com/webapp/w...earch?storeId=
6970&N=0&Ntk=All&Ntt=press%20brake&Nty=1&D=press%
20brake&Ntx=mode+matchallpartial&Dx=mode+matchallp artial

or go to www.northerntool.com and search on "press brake"

Also check this for the force you will need:

http://www.thefabricator.com/Article...cle.cfm?ID=402
kevinlongisland

thanks for the info guys. i had to purchase a bunch of stuff including
a bench buffer so i decided to go with harbor freight and see how there
stuff works. i was thinking of buying a brake from grizzly, it looked
to be of good quality and you could buy replacement parts. But i'm a
small company with short runs, so i'll so how these less expensive
machines work. I'll post up here again with my impresions of the
machinery once i get some time on them. thanks for your advice guys,
always appreciated.

bending vertical blind to fit round bay window Simon Metalworking 7 April 17th 05 01:09 PM
Bending aluminium [email protected] UK diy 21 April 5th 05 10:25 PM
Bending Rebar Doug Kanter Home Repair 24 March 12th 05 01:21 PM
What is "bending plywood"? Ian Dodd Woodworking 9 November 15th 04 04:44 AM
scroll bending jig Keith Marshall Metalworking 0 July 10th 03 01:57 AM