Chuck Sherwood

Default black diamond drill sharpeners

I am researching drill bit grinders. I thought I wanted a Darex M5 but
I ran across a Black diamond brand. I don't know much about them, but
they seem to have a good reputation. Any advice on what to look for,
what to avoid etc? How many different models are there?
I realize they use collets and it appears the one I found has a complete set.

thanks
chuck
Waynemak

I have both, the black diamond does a better job, but is a bit slower
because you have to match the collet. the finish with the black diamond is
as good as its going to get with type of machine.
"Chuck Sherwood" wrote in message

I am researching drill bit grinders. I thought I wanted a Darex M5 but
I ran across a Black diamond brand. I don't know much about them, but
they seem to have a good reputation. Any advice on what to look for,
what to avoid etc? How many different models are there?
I realize they use collets and it appears the one I found has a complete
set.

thanks
chuck

Brian Lawson

On Fri, 6 May 2005 21:15:37 -0400, "Waynemak"
wrote:

I have both, the black diamond does a better job, but is a bit slower
because you have to match the collet. the finish with the black diamond is
as good as its going to get with type of machine.
"Chuck Sherwood" wrote in message

I am researching drill bit grinders. I thought I wanted a Darex M5 but
I ran across a Black diamond brand. I don't know much about them, but
they seem to have a good reputation. Any advice on what to look for,
what to avoid etc? How many different models are there?
I realize they use collets and it appears the one I found has a complete
set.

thanks
chuck

Hey Chuck,

A very dramatic difference in price from the Darex, to the Black
Diamond and all it's collets.

Brian Lawson,
Bothwell, Ontario.

Origin of Hex Head Nuts/bolts? CWLee Metalworking 57 August 10th 17 01:09 AM
Black Diamond Drill Sharpener manual sought Spencer Metalworking 2 April 2nd 05 03:09 AM
OT Guns more Guns Cliff Metalworking 519 December 12th 04 05:52 AM
deep hole question Bill Chernoff Metalworking 14 June 18th 04 05:36 PM
WARNING. DeWALT And Black and Decker Tools causing serious Injury and Death. Bob Woodworking 14 June 5th 04 09:22 AM