Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Zipper

Default Slightly OT, thread measurements

I tried to Google this but I couldn't find what I was looking for. I'm
looking for a tool that will let me check what kind of screw hole something
is. For example, I have a threaded hole on a piece of equipment, what I want
to know is what size screw would fit in there. I'm not looking for depth,
just for the thread pitch and the size of the screw. I could just buy a
bunch of screws of different sizes and keep them on a string, but I was just
curious if there was already some clever tool that would make this process a
little more elegant. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

-Nebruin