Tom Miller

There are thread pitch gauges that you can use to measure the pitch and use
a vernier to measure the diameter, but they aren't a practical solution on
any female thread under about 12 mm.They work ok on smaller male threads
though.

Tom

"Zipper" zipper777ATcomcastDOTnet wrote in message
I tried to Google this but I couldn't find what I was looking for. I'm
looking for a tool that will let me check what kind of screw hole

something
is. For example, I have a threaded hole on a piece of equipment, what I

want
to know is what size screw would fit in there. I'm not looking for depth,
just for the thread pitch and the size of the screw. I could just buy a
bunch of screws of different sizes and keep them on a string, but I was

just
curious if there was already some clever tool that would make this process

little more elegant. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

-Nebruin