Ben Jackson

Default Scaling down a spot welder?

Can you use a spot welder as a power source for a smaller set of jaws that
you fabricate yourself? I'd like to get an old and/or cheap spot welder
and make jaws for it that are about the size of a pair of pliers for joining
wires together.

--
Ben Jackson

http://www.ben.com/
Jerry Martes

"Ben Jackson" wrote in message
Can you use a spot welder as a power source for a smaller set of jaws that
you fabricate yourself? I'd like to get an old and/or cheap spot welder
and make jaws for it that are about the size of a pair of pliers for
joining
wires together.

--
Ben Jackson

http://www.ben.com/

Ben

There is no doubt that you can build a mini spotwelder. I've made one
when I was in the automotive starter repair business. If the wires are
copper, it is really easy. With copper wires, you can sandwitch a small
thin sheet of silver solder between the calmped wires. The heat from the
welder current will melt solder.

Jerry

Scrap Yard Spot Welder ATP* Metalworking 13 May 4th 05 01:34 AM
Home Brew Spot Welder Howard Eisenhauer Metalworking 10 April 26th 04 07:58 AM
spot welder kklein Metalworking 9 January 28th 04 03:19 PM
Spot Welder homebrew? Soldering gun? Mark Metalworking 15 January 23rd 04 07:06 PM
Question on Miller Spot welder tips Roy Metalworking 2 January 19th 04 03:00 AM