Iowa883

Default Latex paint on shop floor HELP

Got done painting my shop , well, I thought I was doing pretty good as I put
drop cloths down everywhere. Well, evidently the step ladder ripped a hole
in one cloth. I went and picked up all the cloths and I have a big spot of
paint that seeped throuigh the hole in the cloth.
Is there any secrets to removing latex paint from a cement floor ?
Or any products out there that do a good job ?
Thanks,
Iowa883

m Ransley

Denatured alcohol, Goof off, paint remover, old vodka, gin etc . Even
soap and water, wet a soapy towel leave it sit for hours it will loosen.
Sooner the better before it cures.

Iowa883

"m Ransley" wrote in message
Denatured alcohol, Goof off, paint remover, old vodka, gin etc . Even
soap and water, wet a soapy towel leave it sit for hours it will loosen.
Sooner the better before it cures.

I am afreaid it has probably already cured as it has been a couple of days.
Is there still hope ?
Have to go to work right now and will try something tonight.
Thanks,
Iowa883

nospambob

Goof Off pulled up small spots in the garage. Too pricey for large
area though. I'd try alcohol, acetone then lacquer thinner to test,
each one alone without mixing a concoction of who knows what.

On Tue, 29 Mar 2005 22:29:46 -0600, "Iowa883"
wrote:

Got done painting my shop , well, I thought I was doing pretty good as I put
drop cloths down everywhere. Well, evidently the step ladder ripped a hole
in one cloth. I went and picked up all the cloths and I have a big spot of
paint that seeped throuigh the hole in the cloth.
Is there any secrets to removing latex paint from a cement floor ?
Or any products out there that do a good job ?
Thanks,
Iowa883

Hopkins

A couple days is not long - the paint isn't cured. m Ransley has the
right idea. Try the denatured alcohol first - I'm sure its cheaper than
Goof Off, though I like Goof Off.

Either way, you'll need a good stiff scrub brush.

tip: If I don't know whether existing paint is latex or oil, I use
denatured alcohol. Denatured alcohol will cut into the latex but not
the oil-based.

Paint formula changes av Home Repair 27 May 28th 14 08:02 AM
Large spots appearing in latex paint - with runny gunk coming out! (seriously!) MrC1 Home Repair 20 April 5th 05 02:13 AM
Camp Painting help Needed ! TURTLE Home Repair 14 February 19th 05 10:17 PM
Newly applied Latex paint bubbling over spackling [email protected] Home Repair 8 February 6th 05 03:38 AM
Latex paint Julian Fowler UK diy 2 July 16th 03 04:30 PM