TURTLE

Default Atlas Roofing Co. Problem / 35 year shingles

This is Turtle.

I had my roof reroofed about 1 year ago with the Atlas 35 year shingles and
filed on a problem with them and they sent me a check in the mail of $3,500.00
buying back the roofing job but cancelled my warranty. The problem was a rust
marks showing up where the water run off the roof on the concrete and did make a
bad rust stain there. The problem has been corrected now but back about a year
or 2 ago it was a problem.

Just some info word.

TURTLE

The Real Tom

On Sat, 26 Mar 2005 10:34:44 -0600, "TURTLE"
wrote:

This is Turtle.

I had my roof reroofed about 1 year ago with the Atlas 35 year shingles and
filed on a problem with them and they sent me a check in the mail of $3,500.00
buying back the roofing job but cancelled my warranty. The problem was a rust
marks showing up where the water run off the roof on the concrete and did make a
bad rust stain there. The problem has been corrected now but back about a year
or 2 ago it was a problem.

Just some info word.

TURTLE

Sounds like a good company. Now you have your orginal money to get
your roof redone, or you can live with the rust and keep your free
roof.

Good stuff!

tom
TURTLE

wrote:

This is Turtle.

I had my roof reroofed about 1 year ago with the Atlas 35 year shingles and
filed on a problem with them and they sent me a check in the mail of $3,500.00
buying back the roofing job but cancelled my warranty. The problem was a rust
marks showing up where the water run off the roof on the concrete and did make
bad rust stain there. The problem has been corrected now but back about a year
or 2 ago it was a problem.

Just some info word.

TURTLE

Sounds like a good company. Now you have your orginal money to get
your roof redone, or you can live with the rust and keep your free
roof.

Good stuff!

tom

This is Turtle.

They did tell me that the roof would fail prematurely but the did not know how
soon it would be. they said the first sign would be mole stuff growing on the
roof for the Alumium mole protection stuff was not any good because they got
steel used in the place of the Alunium which would protect the roof from mole
stuff. My roofer told me to put the money up and if the roof became a problem ,
it would not be no big deal for He would replace it.

TURTLE

m Ransley

Mold you can always kill, there are sprays made for it at big box, and a
Zinc strip at the peak should do you fine. Rust on concrete easy to
clean maybe CLR or something similar. You are lucky to get the cash
back, now go paint the White House.

George E. Cawthon

wrote:

[...]

Turtle, I think your spell checker is messing up.
"Mole" protection on the roof? How the
hell would they get up there? :-)

Seriously, if you are over 55, a premature failure
would probably occur after you are dead.

The Real Tom

On Sat, 26 Mar 2005 14:36:37 -0600, "TURTLE"
wrote:

.. .
wrote:

[...]

Did I miss something? Moles?

tom

Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by George E. Cawthon
TURTLE wrote:
Turtle, I think your spell checker is messing up.
"Mole" protection on the roof? How the
hell would they get up there? :-).
Turtle? Spell checker?!? He don't need no stinking "spell checker"! Tom
Work at your leisure!