Susan Thomas

Default Timberline versus CertainTeed roofing shingles?

Anyone have a recommendation and/or advice regarding Timberline shingles
versus CertainTeed? I am getting ready to have my roof done and am looking
at samples of both. Any advice?

Thank you for your reply.

Robert Allison

Susan Thomas wrote:

Anyone have a recommendation and/or advice regarding Timberline shingles
versus CertainTeed? I am getting ready to have my roof done and am looking
at samples of both. Any advice?

Thank you for your reply.

The only difference in quality that I have found between these two
particular products is that Certainteed seemed to have a bit more
variation in color between runs. If you buy all of your shingles
from the same run (as you should do if possible) there should be no
variation. I have only run into this when doing large amounts (1000
squares or more), so if this is just a house, you should be fine.

--
Robert Allison
Rimshot, Inc.