DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Timberline versus CertainTeed roofing shingles? (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/92653-timberline-versus-certainteed-roofing-shingles.html)

Susan Thomas February 24th 05 01:38 PM

Timberline versus CertainTeed roofing shingles?

Anyone have a recommendation and/or advice regarding Timberline shingles
versus CertainTeed? I am getting ready to have my roof done and am looking
at samples of both. Any advice?

Thank you for your reply.

Robert Allison February 24th 05 02:28 PM

Susan Thomas wrote:

Anyone have a recommendation and/or advice regarding Timberline shingles
versus CertainTeed? I am getting ready to have my roof done and am looking
at samples of both. Any advice?

Thank you for your reply.

The only difference in quality that I have found between these two
particular products is that Certainteed seemed to have a bit more
variation in color between runs. If you buy all of your shingles
from the same run (as you should do if possible) there should be no
variation. I have only run into this when doing large amounts (1000
squares or more), so if this is just a house, you should be fine.

--
Robert Allison
Rimshot, Inc.