Default Transporting a refrigerator (it was horizontal).

I just moved a 'frige and as we were putting it in the truck the guy
said not to lay it down. Well, we didn't have much of a choice. It was
horizontal less than an hour. It will stay in our present garage
(upright) for 2 days, then another 15 minute horizontal trip. Have we
blown it? We moving it to our new house where it will stay unplugged
for a couple of weeks. Will that be enough time to let everything
settle again?

Thanks in advance.

Ben..

Edwin Pawlowski

wrote in message
oups.com...
I just moved a 'frige and as we were putting it in the truck the guy
said not to lay it down. Well, we didn't have much of a choice. It was
horizontal less than an hour. It will stay in our present garage
(upright) for 2 days, then another 15 minute horizontal trip. Have we
blown it? We moving it to our new house where it will stay unplugged
for a couple of weeks. Will that be enough time to let everything
settle again?

Thanks in advance.

Ben..

This has been discussed in the past. While upright is the best method,
laying down is 99% OK as long as you set it upright and let the oil drain
back from the system. IIRC, 24 hours was deemed a good amount of time.

Yeah, I know it was discussed. I looked up all of the other ones. Just
paranoia. Thanks.

Appliance Repair Aid

Hi,

Something below may help in the future....
http://www.applianceaid.com/faq-side.html

jeff.
Appliance Repair Aid
http://www.applianceaid.com/