Ray

Default What type of stucco?

I have an older 1950's house with the small white rocks and green
glass chips type of stucco, what is the actual name for this type of
stucco? I would like to replace but we don't plan on keeping the house
for more than 5 years. But to at least clean it up or paint it. I
can't seem to find any info on the net so if someone could please
point me in the direction I need to go I would appreciate the help.
Ray

anybody? anybody? plz respond

Ray

"Dee" wrote in message ...
Try this: http://www.i-handyman.com/cleaning-painting-stucco.php Not sure if
that's what you're looking for, but it may help.

Not really, don't really think much of shell buzzy, lol. I was just
recently told by a building supply company owner that he has been
seeing people put a flexible finish coat of stucco right on top of the
existing old stucco. But power wash and soft brush off any loose rock
first, then let dry for about 5 days first. Anybody else hear about
this, and i don't mean that thick paint that i've seen.