Home Ownership (misc.consumers.house)

lbbs

Default Ceiling tiles for sound: Flexible or hard type?

I was just wondering if I replace my flexible 4x2 ceiling tiles with the
hard type with I notice the difference in sound proofing?

I call all kinds of hardware stores to see which of the two is better for
sound. the opinions are split 50/50 between flexible and hard type. I
personally think the hard type are better, I wonder if replacing them with
this type
will actually make a noticeable difference to be worth replacing them?

Bill Seurer

lbbs wrote:
I call all kinds of hardware stores to see which of the two is better for
sound. the opinions are split 50/50 between flexible and hard type. I
personally think the hard type are better

Ask at a woodworking store what to put in a woodshop.