mike

Default Plumbing and Electric Code books

I'm comfortable doing plumbing and electric repairs, but know only the
basics of "code."

Any recommendations for books explaining codes for residential plumbing
and electric?

I've been looking online because there's nothing in the local stores
beyond the basic how-to's. "Audel's Guide to the 2005 NEC" looks like
it might be helpful. For plumbing, I was looking at "2003 International
Plumbing Codes Handbook" by R. Dodge Woodson.

Opinions or suggestions?

Thanks,
*moc
Speedy Jim

mike wrote:
I'm comfortable doing plumbing and electric repairs, but know only the
basics of "code."

Any recommendations for books explaining codes for residential plumbing
and electric?

I've been looking online because there's nothing in the local stores
beyond the basic how-to's. "Audel's Guide to the 2005 NEC" looks like
it might be helpful. For plumbing, I was looking at "2003 International
Plumbing Codes Handbook" by R. Dodge Woodson.

Opinions or suggestions?

Thanks,
*moc

Look at your local library.
NEC is accepted (with mods) all over US,
but there is NO national plumbing code;
you have to find out which building code
predominates in your geographic area.

Jim
John B

You can probably buy the code books of interest at a technical book store
(call first); or online.
I bought an embellished version of the 1990 NEC; it has lots of
supplementary explanations. I referred to the Uniform Plumbing Code at my
local municipal library, when I replumbed my house; that was an easy read.
There are all sorts of goodies at the library, as Speedy Jim indicated.