Default Incredible problem (on two fronts)

Hello all

I have a next door neighbor with whom I am very friendly, and we watch
each others' houses in the event the other is out of town. (Her more so
than I, for she is a buyer for a hotel chain and travelles frequently)

On to the problem. This young lady has scads of cats, to be specific, 6
of them. Last night I was eating my supper in front of the tele and
when I was done, I scooped the remains into the garbage disposal, fully
intending to grind it up at a later time.

While I was using the facilities a few moments later, I heard the most
godawful sound from the kitchen followed by a small herd of cats
thundering down the hall and under her bed to hide.

I went in the kitchen, expecting to find the paper towel holder knocked
over or something. Instead, the source of the noise is a young tabby
head first into the disposal, quite dead, and kind of bouncing around.
I have not been able to bring myself to pull the little bloke's body
out yet. The toggle switch for the disposal is on the side of the
faucet, and as best I can tell, the little one poked it's head past the
little rubber triangles that cover the disposal opening looking for my
food. Another cat must have stepped on the switch and activated it,
which makes sense, as the 'on' setting is in the downward position. So
obviously I turned it off posthaste.

In any event, I am going to have to remove this kitten and clean this
disposal out. Electrical things are quite alien to me, and I want to
know what steps I should take to avoid being shocked or cut by this
device. Should I leave it intact and pour bleach in it? Should I run
more food through it? Does it even require cleaning? I do not know what
to do with the body of the cat, but that is another issue. I have not
yet decided whether or not to tell her it ran away or bury it and just
tell her it died sleeping.

But I am afraid if I do not clean the disposal thoroughly and remove
all traces of the kitten, if it ever were to break, the eventual
repairman would take note of the cat hair and suddenly I would be the
friendly next door limey cat murderer. So I must clean it.

What tools should I borrow to use for this and how to get it done with
the least amount of trouble and danger? Please respond soon, as she is
due back this evening and I have a great deal of work to do.

God Bless
Al Kyder

[...]

What a story:-((

There is probably nothing electrical damaged or to fix.
Short of getting someone else to help (perhaps the local animal control
officer) I would place a black garbage bag in a basket, put basket in
sink, turn on water, CLOSE EYES, pull body out of disposal, drop in bag,
close top on bag, OPEN EYES, slosh water around to wash away any blood,
with water on very briefly run disposal.
You should probably tell the lady the truth to make your life easier in
the future.

LB
tom

On 21 Feb 2005 08:15:41 -0800, wrote:

[...]

imo:

1. Remove Cat
2. Run water, cycle disposal.
3. Dump a bunch of ice into the disposal running. Will help clean the
cat out of the blades.

What tools should I borrow to use for this and how to get it done with
the least amount of trouble and danger? Please respond soon, as she is
due back this evening and I have a great deal of work to do.

God Bless
Al Kyder

hth,

tom @
www.CarFleaMarket.com

zxcvbob

[...]

So, why were you eating dinner in her house? Or, why were the cats in
your house? If the cats were in your house for some reason, how do you
know they ran under her bed?

Gotcha! (it was a good story, though) The disposal switch installed
upside down is kind of unlikely also, but certainly not impossible.

Best regards,
Bob
John Harlow

Fair troll! You get a C for effort.

So, why were you eating dinner in her house? Or, why were the cats

in
your house? If the cats were in your house for some reason, how do

you
know they ran under her bed?

Gotcha! (it was a good story, though) The disposal switch installed

upside down is kind of unlikely also, but certainly not impossible.

Best regards,
Bob

I thought I was clear at the beginning that I was *watching* her house.
When she is out of town, I will generally eat my supper there and
retire. It makes her feel better to know that someone is there, turning
on lights, milling around, etc. to scare off a burglar and such.

In any event, I have removed the little chap from the disposal (thank
you LB for the plastic wrap advice). Judging from what I pulled out,
the poor little ******* must have gone and died straight away, which
makes my heart ache just a bit less. I like cats as a general rule.

I decided to take everyone's advice and combine it into one plan of
action. So I filled a pitcher from the icemaker and poured it inside.
Turned the water on slightly and ground the whole bloody mess up, then
topped off with some bleach and repeated. There is only the slightest
of odours left, and I may very well be imagining that.

Two of the remaining five are still under the bed and will not come
out. The others do not appear to have suffered any ill effects from
their mate's passing.

Thanks to all who responded seriously.

[...]

So what are you going to tell the owner?

LB

So what are you going to tell the owner?

I haven't decided yet. I still have 4 hours to get my story straight. I
may leave the body outside in an unobtrusive place and let her think an
wild dog had at it. The cats are always trying to get outside for a
bit, so that end of the story would fly. But even a mad dog would not
just eat the head off a kitten, I don't think. It would likely eat the
whole thing.

I could bury it and tell her it up and died, dress the grave up real
nice with a tiny stone and all, but if she were to dig it up for
whatever reason I would be in a real pinch to explain it.

I just don't want the young lady to think her animals are not safe
around me when she is absent. I somewhat fancy her and do not want to
get crossways with her. I may throw the little bugger away in a remote
area and just let it 'go missing'.

I will let you know how it shakes out. Mum's the word until then. Thank
you again for your sage advice.

God Bless
Al Kyder

John Harlow

Please let us know which lie you use, oh holy one.

John Harlow wrote:
Please let us know which lie you use, oh holy one.

Look here, you insufferable git. If you've nothing to contribute then
kindly scamper. You're beginning to wind me up something rotten.

For your information, I have decided to tell the young lady the truth.
If I am to impress myself upon this beautiful girl then the least I can
do is be truthful with her.

What in bloody hell does this have to do with home repair? Bugger off,
pillock.

Al

Jim B

On Mon, 21 Feb 2005 12:39:40 -0500, "John Harlow" wrote:

Fair troll! You get a C for effort.

I'll give him an "A+"

....and I'm still laughing

The disposal switch installed
upside down is kind of unlikely
also, but certainly not impossible.

Outside the US there are many countries where the standard for light
switches is "down on, up off".

Tim.

bumtracks

be nice

I'd pussy foot around telling her the complete truth as she may feel quite
uncomfortable using the sink.... and imagine what her feelings may be
flicking that disposal switch from here until eternity.

wrote in message
oups.com...

John Harlow wrote:
Please let us know which lie you use, oh holy one.

Look here, you insufferable git. If you've nothing to contribute then
kindly scamper. You're beginning to wind me up something rotten.

For your information, I have decided to tell the young lady the truth.
If I am to impress myself upon this beautiful girl then the least I can
do is be truthful with her.

What in bloody hell does this have to do with home repair? Bugger off,
pillock.

Al

Doug Miller

In article jvvSd.14534$uc.3386@trnddc09, "bumtracks" wrote:
this guy brags of his troll abilities and the number of responses he can get
in another newsgroup.

So what, pray tell, was your purpose in quoting the entire thing? Idiot.

--
Regards,

bumtracks

Aww, that's so cute doug.
I love you too.
Thanks you.

Alan

wrote in message ...
wrote:

[...]

Did you hear? They are taking "gullible" out of the dictionary.

Oscar_Lives

Good point. Sometimes the truth isn't the best solution. You may tick her
off so much that you never have a chance to get into her pants.

Just tell her the cat probably ran off.

"bumtracks" wrote in message
be nice

I'd pussy foot around telling her the complete truth as she may feel quite
uncomfortable using the sink.... and imagine what her feelings may be
flicking that disposal switch from here until eternity.

wrote in message
oups.com...

John Harlow wrote:
Please let us know which lie you use, oh holy one.

Look here, you insufferable git. If you've nothing to contribute then
kindly scamper. You're beginning to wind me up something rotten.

For your information, I have decided to tell the young lady the truth.
If I am to impress myself upon this beautiful girl then the least I can
do is be truthful with her.

What in bloody hell does this have to do with home repair? Bugger off,
pillock.

Al

Camilo

wrote

cat vs. disposal story.

I once had to put a ladder down into an outhouse pit to rescue a couple of
puppies that had fallen in. Good news is that it was a virtually new pit
with only about a weeks worth of use, if you know what I mean.

Matt

The cat might not be dead. I'd suggest putting another in, and turning
the disposal on to test if this is lethal or not. Actually, you might
need to test the theory 6 or 7 times, just to be sure.