So what are you going to tell the owner?

I haven't decided yet. I still have 4 hours to get my story straight. I
may leave the body outside in an unobtrusive place and let her think an
wild dog had at it. The cats are always trying to get outside for a
bit, so that end of the story would fly. But even a mad dog would not
just eat the head off a kitten, I don't think. It would likely eat the
whole thing.

I could bury it and tell her it up and died, dress the grave up real
nice with a tiny stone and all, but if she were to dig it up for
whatever reason I would be in a real pinch to explain it.

I just don't want the young lady to think her animals are not safe
around me when she is absent. I somewhat fancy her and do not want to
get crossways with her. I may throw the little bugger away in a remote
area and just let it 'go missing'.

I will let you know how it shakes out. Mum's the word until then. Thank
you again for your sage advice.

God Bless
Al Kyder