Andy Hill

Default Green Drywall V/S White

Me wrote:
What is the difference between the green colored drywall, V/S the
common white stuff? I stopped at a McDonalds and they are remodeling.
I noticed they are using the green drywall throughout the whole
building. I have seen that used in homes around tubs and showers, so
I assume it is more waterproof. However, since they are using it
throughout, is it more fireproof, or what? They are just using 1/2".

Besides application differences, what is the actual difference in the
material the stuff is made from? Is the core still gypsum? Is the
"paper coating" different (besides color)?

It's just regular drywall with a water resistant paper. No other special
characteristics.
Doug Boulter

Me wrote on 18 Feb 2005:

However, since they are using it
throughout, is it more fireproof, or what? They are just using
1/2".

My guess is that they are using it because the paper is slightly
more resistant to mold than the paper in regular drywall.

--
Doug Boulter

To reply by e-mail, remove the obvious word from the e-mail address

Origin of Hex Head Nuts/bolts? CWLee Metalworking 57 August 10th 17 01:09 AM
Paint a green bath white? Paul Clarke UK diy 3 March 27th 04 01:03 AM
240 volt wiring Charles Home Repair 11 December 30th 03 11:13 PM
Why does prolonged white cause green color, Mistubishi cs-2710ra Allan Electronics Repair 8 October 2nd 03 12:11 AM