Stormin Mormon

Default Sears Repair Prices

I'm curious what some of the other folks have found for Sears prices.

When I used to work for Sears (1996) their cheapest residential no heat call
was about $130. I had their price book in my hands at a couple points, but
didn't sneak it home to photo copy it.

What experiences have anyone else had?

--

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

dadiOH

Stormin Mormon wrote:
I'm curious what some of the other folks have found for Sears prices.

I think their repair prices are obscene. I would never buy anything
from Sears that necessitated repairs through them.

--
dadiOH
____________________________

dadiOH's dandies v3.06...

Gary Stone

"dadiOH" wrote in message
Stormin Mormon wrote:
I'm curious what some of the other folks have found for Sears prices.

I think their repair prices are obscene. I would never buy anything
from Sears that necessitated repairs through them.

--
dadiOH
____________________________

My most recent experience with them went like this. (last Monday) The snow
blower a Craftsman, 29" model threw the auger drive axel out of the bearing
flange, screwed up the impeller, auger, bent two pins, broke both shear
pins, chewed the hell out of the intake hood and impeller barrow. The price?
Zip, Zero, Zilch, Nada. They did OK by me this time. I was expecting a bill
somewhere just under the price of a replacement model.

Stone

dadiOH

Gary Stone wrote:
My most recent experience with them went like this. (last Monday) The
snow blower a Craftsman, 29" model threw the auger drive axel out of
the bearing flange, screwed up the impeller, auger, bent two pins,
broke both shear pins, chewed the hell out of the intake hood and
impeller barrow. The price? Zip, Zero, Zilch, Nada. They did OK by me
this time. I was expecting a bill somewhere just under the price of a
replacement model.

Under warranty?

--
dadiOH
____________________________

dadiOH's dandies v3.06...

Ed

I know someone at Sears and he claims it costs Sears $85 to make a service
call. Sears prices are high but they are far from the highest, try Maytag or
GE. The most common complaint is not the price it's the way they schedule
service. I can't speak for all areas of the country but in the NE they do
different areas on different days. If your appliance breaks down on
Wednesday and your in a Tuesday area you'll have to wait a week for service.

The second biggest complaint is on the scheduled day it's not uncommon to
get a call at 4:30PM saying they are running behind and won't be able to
make it. This means waiting another week. This actually happened to me. I
got the call on two consecutive Thursday's. They got the dishwasher back.

"Stormin Mormon" wrote

I'm curious what some of the other folks have found for Sears prices.

When I used to work for Sears (1996) their cheapest residential no heat
call
was about $130. I had their price book in my hands at a couple points, but
didn't sneak it home to photo copy it.

What experiences have anyone else had?

--

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
www.lds.org
www.mormons.com

TURTLE

"Ed" wrote in message
I know someone at Sears and he claims it costs Sears $85 to make a service
call. Sears prices are high but they are far from the highest, try Maytag or
GE. The most common complaint is not the price it's the way they schedule
service. I can't speak for all areas of the country but in the NE they do
different areas on different days. If your appliance breaks down on Wednesday
and your in a Tuesday area you'll have to wait a week for service.

The second biggest complaint is on the scheduled day it's not uncommon to get
a call at 4:30PM saying they are running behind and won't be able to make it.
This means waiting another week. This actually happened to me. I got the call
on two consecutive Thursday's. They got the dishwasher back.

This is Turtle.

Sear is the top dogs in my area for prices for it is $87.00 + [ $40.00+ or $.50
a miles ] which pans out to $127.00 for the tech to knock on the door. now they
only come to my town on thursday and charge every customer full mileage to the
town and back. Now they chage $127.00 for each call and will never bring any
parts. Now lest say they have 10 call in town and all 10 will wait till next
thursday for the service man to return to this town with the parts to put them
on. Now they get to charge another $127.00 each to return and put the parts on.
now parts are another story and high as a cats back but hey parts are high I
guess. So if you want a set screw in your furnace or refrigirator it will cost
you $254.00 + parts if it is a easy fix. now if you need a motor or some timely
repair it will be $257.00 + $72.00 a hour + parts. a example of one customer in
town here called them to change a evaperator blower motor on a gas furnace and
the total cost was $971.00 and still waited 10+ days to get it repaired. I
replace these same motors for $225.00 to $315.00 total charges and keep the
motors on my truck with me. the difference between $315.00 and $971.00 is just
to big for the same job. I love to see a business person charge a good fee but
they must be a limit to it.

TURTLE

Gary Stone

Out of warranty by 2 weeks. They figure there was a problem from the get go.
I had told them that it would shutter once in awhile (not real bad) and did
so just before tossing the drive axle out of the flange causing a lot of
damage. I was afraid they would say I hit something. They could have just
said, Sorry out of warranty like NEC did to me with a monitor that blew 2
days after the warranty expired, but they didn't.

Stone

"Art" wrote in message
nk.net...
Was it a recall item?

"dadiOH" wrote in message
Gary Stone wrote:
My most recent experience with them went like this. (last Monday) The
snow blower a Craftsman, 29" model threw the auger drive axel out of
the bearing flange, screwed up the impeller, auger, bent two pins,
broke both shear pins, chewed the hell out of the intake hood and
impeller barrow. The price? Zip, Zero, Zilch, Nada. They did OK by me
this time. I was expecting a bill somewhere just under the price of a
replacement model.

Under warranty?

--
dadiOH

dadiOH's dandies v3.06...

Jabs

Turtle,
What town are you talking about? What did you do......more to another
state. The last I heard from you was that folks in your area of Louisiana
were too poor to pay more that $40.

Jabs

"TURTLE" wrote in message
.. .