lindy

Default air cleaner

Last April I had a new furnace, air conditioner, Aprilair air cleaner, and
humidifier, I recently read about the recall of the air cleaners, is it my
responsibility to contact Aprilair and get the kit to fix the problem, or
should the furnace installer take care of the problem, after all I paid them
over $8000.

Joseph Meehan

lindy wrote:
Last April I had a new furnace, air conditioner, Aprilair air
cleaner, and humidifier, I recently read about the recall of the air
cleaners, is it my responsibility to contact Aprilair and get the kit
to fix the problem, or should the furnace installer take care of the
problem, after all I paid them over $8000.

I would check with the installer first. See if they know about the
recall and if it applies to your specific air cleaner and what their policy
is.

If you are not totally happy with their response, and you should be,
then I would contact Aprilair.

--
Joseph Meehan

26 + 6 = 1 It's Irish Math

Bubba

On Thu, 17 Feb 2005 08:41:10 -0600, "lindy"
wrote:

Last April I had a new furnace, air conditioner, Aprilair air cleaner, and
humidifier, I recently read about the recall of the air cleaners, is it my
responsibility to contact Aprilair and get the kit to fix the problem, or
should the furnace installer take care of the problem, after all I paid them
over $8000.

Its easy enough to do yourself.
Go to http://aprilaire.com/
Click on the safety recall in red at the top right of the page.
Fill out the short form.
In a few weeks your replacement will arrive.
Bubba

Adding an electronic air cleaner to my return air duct Daniel Prince Home Repair 0 December 17th 04 08:21 PM
Pool cleaner floating Mike Home Repair 2 May 5th 04 02:44 PM
Kenmore (Sears) Water Softener Cleaner -- How often? L. Dwynn Lafleur Home Repair 4 January 25th 04 07:28 AM
Ambient air cleaners Sir Edgar Woodworking 15 August 12th 03 02:34 PM
Hayward Navigator pool cleaner gets stuck at steps Pond Scum Home Repair 2 July 31st 03 05:10 PM