Danny

Default Garage door opener manual remote switch

Can anyone tell me what the voltage requirements are for a switch that
will be used to replace an existing inside the house garage door opener
manual switch?

I have purchased a replacement, and I understand that the line coming
from the garage door opener is basically a low voltage unit. I've
purchased what is a door bell ringer switch, but it's rated at up to 16
volts. Will this work for what I want to do?

The Garage Door opener is a Sears Craftsman/Chamberlain unit.

Thanks,

Danny

G. Morgan

Subject: Garage door opener manual remote switch
Newsgroup: alt.home.repair
= Danny = wrote:

I have purchased a replacement, and I understand that the line coming
from the garage door opener is basically a low voltage unit. I've
purchased what is a door bell ringer switch, but it's rated at up to 16
volts. Will this work for what I want to do?

Yes.

--

-Graham

Remove the snails to email
Dr. Hardcrab

"Danny" wrote in message
Can anyone tell me what the voltage requirements are for a switch that
will be used to replace an existing inside the house garage door opener
manual switch?

I have purchased a replacement, and I understand that the line coming
from the garage door opener is basically a low voltage unit. I've
purchased what is a door bell ringer switch, but it's rated at up to 16
volts. Will this work for what I want to do?

The Garage Door opener is a Sears Craftsman/Chamberlain unit.

Thanks,

It will work fine.

That's what I bought and used. My kids kept losing their house key so I
install a hidden switch to the garage doors.

SQLit

"Danny" wrote in message
Can anyone tell me what the voltage requirements are for a switch that
will be used to replace an existing inside the house garage door opener
manual switch?

I have purchased a replacement, and I understand that the line coming
from the garage door opener is basically a low voltage unit. I've
purchased what is a door bell ringer switch, but it's rated at up to 16
volts. Will this work for what I want to do?

The Garage Door opener is a Sears Craftsman/Chamberlain unit.

Thanks,

Danny

Sears has an wireless touchpad remote that is programable to your favorite
code. Takes a 9v battery. Check their web site to see which model you
needed.

I would not even consider the wired models any more.