Robert11

Default Repairing a Gouge In T1-11 Exterior Siding: What Product To Use ?

Hello:

Regarding the repair of a house that has T1-11 exterior siding (located in
the Northeast):

The siding has a few "gouges" that I would like to smooth
over with some kind of (I'll use the word loosely) "spackle".

Not too sure what product to use.

What would be good as regards weather resistance (it's an outside surface,
and it gets real cold and snowy up here)) and can be painted, and hold the
paint, well ?

Much thanks,
Bob

m Ransley

Automobile bondo. rough up the dent with 36g sand paper

George E. Cawthon

Robert11 wrote:
Hello:

Regarding the repair of a house that has T1-11 exterior siding (located in
the Northeast):

The siding has a few "gouges" that I would like to smooth
over with some kind of (I'll use the word loosely) "spackle".

Not too sure what product to use.

What would be good as regards weather resistance (it's an outside surface,
and it gets real cold and snowy up here)) and can be painted, and hold the
paint, well ?

Much thanks,
Bob

You can use all sorts of putty like stuff, Bondo, Rock Hard
water putty, etc. But if you want to do a real job, carve a
piece of wood to fit the gouge and glue it with a waterproof
glue. Cedar would be a good wood and easy to carve, and you
should be able to find a shingle or a cedar fence board.