Dick

Default Toto UltraMax - SaniGloss Worth The Extra $40

I am now seriously considering the purchase of two Toto UltraMax
toilets to replace our older Kohlers. There are two versions of the
elongated bowl. One with the SaniGloss glazing and one without. The
SaniGloss costs $40 more. Is it worth it? I suspect that it is.

Dick
bumtracks

it's worth it if you can always clean it within their cleaning guidelines
if you go dumping tidy-cleaner-acid scouring compound in it you'll scratch
and etch the super slick finish and have instantly wasted that $40.

"Dick" LeadWinger wrote in message
I am now seriously considering the purchase of two Toto UltraMax
toilets to replace our older Kohlers. There are two versions of the
elongated bowl. One with the SaniGloss glazing and one without. The
SaniGloss costs $40 more. Is it worth it? I suspect that it is.

Dick

Dick

I just ordered the Toto's. I couldn't get anything but white in the
UltraMax with SaniGloss, so I had to settle on the non-SaniGloss. We
have to be very careful about what we use to clean toilets as we are
on a septic system.

Dick

On Sun, 06 Feb 2005 21:59:23 GMT, "bumtracks"
wrote:

it's worth it if you can always clean it within their cleaning guidelines
if you go dumping tidy-cleaner-acid scouring compound in it you'll scratch
and etch the super slick finish and have instantly wasted that $40.

"Dick" LeadWinger wrote in message
.. .
I am now seriously considering the purchase of two Toto UltraMax
toilets to replace our older Kohlers. There are two versions of the
elongated bowl. One with the SaniGloss glazing and one without. The
SaniGloss costs $40 more. Is it worth it? I suspect that it is.

Dick

G. J. Anderson

Have two Toto's without SaniGloss and one with. The SaniGloss seems to
stay a little bit cleaner. Haven't had a flush problem for two years.
Get their soft close toliet seat, love ours.

On Sun, 06 Feb 2005 12:15:08 -0700, Dick LeadWinger wrote:

I am now seriously considering the purchase of two Toto UltraMax
toilets to replace our older Kohlers. There are two versions of the
elongated bowl. One with the SaniGloss glazing and one without. The
SaniGloss costs $40 more. Is it worth it? I suspect that it is.

Dick

Dick

We ordered two Toto UltraMax with the soft close seat. We couldn't
get the color we wanted (Sedona Beige) in the one with SaniGloss. It
only came in Linen. I'm sure we will be happy with our purchase. I
tried a Toto at a grocery store the other day and that sucker really
flushes. I was impressed.

Dick

On Thu, 10 Feb 2005 21:37:41 -0600, G. J. Anderson
wrote:

Have two Toto's without SaniGloss and one with. The SaniGloss seems to
stay a little bit cleaner. Haven't had a flush problem for two years.
Get their soft close toliet seat, love ours.

On Sun, 06 Feb 2005 12:15:08 -0700, Dick LeadWinger wrote:

I am now seriously considering the purchase of two Toto UltraMax
toilets to replace our older Kohlers. There are two versions of the
elongated bowl. One with the SaniGloss glazing and one without. The
SaniGloss costs $40 more. Is it worth it? I suspect that it is.

Dick

Matt

If you are going to get a toto, get the one that has the heated seat
and the bunghole wash cycle.

Was I the only one that found their commercial creepy?

Dick

On 11 Feb 2005 08:04:00 -0800, "Matt" wrote:

If you are going to get a toto, get the one that has the heated seat
and the bunghole wash cycle.

Was I the only one that found their commercial creepy?

My daughter said the same thing. :-)

Unfortunately, the seat costs $100 more than the toilet. A lot to
keep your seat warm. Of course you would need another electrical
outlet for the seat too! Luxury is expensive!

Dick
Matt

Yeah... sure is...!

I gotta think that need for an outlet is probably the toto deal breaker
for most people with existing homes. I'm trying to think of a harder
place to run an outlet to, and I'd have to say that right next to a
toilet has gotta be up there in the top 3 hardest places to get to (in
my house anyhow).

Anyway, they were running the commercial on national tv some months
back..... there were alot of things that creeped me out. First they
open with some guy taking a shower, but instead of soap and water, he
was using TP... and it looked like they went to the added step of
covering him with.... well, with what TP is used to remove. I guess the
marketing folks just couldn't come up with a subtle way of saying "Hey
- you don't use TP to wash your body with, why would you use it to
clean your butt?"...... somehow I think they would have been better off
leaving the whole analogy out of the commercial.

And then all the interviews with people talking about how much better
their life has become since they sat on the thing. Apparantly, it saved
at least one marriage, and made another couple the most popular to
visit... their guests just 'love' to use the toto. Me, I can handle
being known as the guy who makes the best steaks, or maybe has the best
AV components. For some reason I don't want to be know as the guy with
the electric butt washing machine.

And then finally the demonstration of the thing...... This little arm
extends and starts shooting water.... looked pretty damn scary to me.

Dick

On 11 Feb 2005 09:01:51 -0800, "Matt" wrote:

[...]

Actually, there is another one that not only cleans you, but dries you
as well. Europeans are much more used to the bidet than we are. I
guess that's why we are a little more squeamish about it.
http://www.fresh-seat.com/tf200.html That's the one my daughter really
wants because it dries you too! :-)

I am reminded of a trip to Germany that we made in 2001. I was
visiting my son on an Air Force base. I needed to use the restroom.
When I finished my business, I stood up and the toilet set raised up a
couple of inches, a disinfecting lamp turned on, and the toilet set
started revolving 360 degrees. The entire seat was washed, dried and
disinfected before it went back into place. Really scary the first
time it happens. Our tax dollars at work.