Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Junior Member

Default textured paint over panelling

Hello,

We have a room with 70's sheet panelling with thin grooves.It is already painted white.There isn't anything behind the panelling so ripping it out isn't an option. I want something different here but not drastically different from the rest of the house which is drywall.

I once saw a room that the owner had just painted over the panelling with a texture paint. He said he didn't use anything to fill in the grooves. It looked like plaster.
My spouse thinks we should fill in the grooves , sand it down then use the textured paint.This seems like a lot of trouble if it isn't necessary.

Have any of you done this and what kind of paint would you recommend ?Its a large room so cost is a consideration. The look I am going for is a subtle troweled look . I don't know what to call it. The color would be a cream or light tan.

Thank you,
Maverick

1200 degree High heat spray paint stinks, literally Dan Musicant Metalworking 11 August 21st 20 01:03 PM
Paint formula changes av Home Repair 27 May 28th 14 08:02 AM
Textured paint? clevere Home Repair 5 September 5th 04 03:42 PM
UPDATE: Textured paint Iowacookiemom Home Ownership 1 March 15th 04 03:33 PM
Benjamin Moore paint types jeffc Home Ownership 1 August 19th 03 04:51 AM