berkshire bill

"Julie P." wrote in message

"Dr. Hardcrab" wrote in message
news:cPAMd.9022$uc.4131@trnddc08...

"Julie P." wrote in message

Hi guys. I live in a large three-story Victorian house, on the first
floor. The upstairs tenant just had a delivery of oil to his furnace,
after leaving the oil tank empty for over a year (the first floor,
where I am, is on a separate furnace). Now it is running, and besides
hearing it run all the time, I smell a strong smell of sulfur in my
first floor office, at least. I believe my office is directly above the
basement area where the furnace is.

Is this normal, and what can be done about this?

UPDATE: the basement is full of smoke, and I had to breathe through my
mouth to go down there. My eyes were watering. Smoke is coming form the
furnace. I just shut off the furnace.

9 times out of 10, when you get a delivery, it stirs up sludge and trash
in the tank and it clogs up the filters, strainers, and nozzles. Sounds
like you need to call someone to come out and change them out and do a
basic tune-up. I wouldn't turn it back on, either. It won't get any
better.....

Thanks! I just spoke to the landlord, and they are going to fix it Sunday
after they buy a new nozzle.

J.

After the landlord responded that HE would do the repair I would be on the
phone to the fire department to have the furnace red tagged.

Bill