Old February 2nd 05, 12:13 AM
Rich

"m Ransley" wrote in message
The motor may handle it but you have electronics and gearing to
consider, it seems everyday products get cheaper, so do the internals.

I doubt that for those voltage (6 to 18 volt) the electronics should not be
a problem. The motors and electronics may well be the same for all units
from a given manufacturer. And the electronics doesn't amount to much of
anything anyway. Not even as involved as variable speed AC motor drives.

Old February 2nd 05, 12:29 AM
Professor

Matt wrote:
Hey! I never thought of that. Will do!!!!!

Folks, Matt and Ransley here just might be dumb enough to plug therir
DC drill into the AC socket or an AC transformer, but trust me it will
blow your circuit breaker very fast. Sometimes it will blow so fast
that the drill will survive it.
You can use an AC step down transformer that will put out 10 amps or
more, but that's expensive unless you already own one. A DC drill
operated in this fashion has no where near the power (watts) of a low
cost AC drill with a cord. There are ways to beef up your DC drill.
However, don't listen to these fools. They have not done anything
themselves.

Old February 2nd 05, 12:53 AM
m Ransley

The electronics amount to everything if they blow.

Old February 2nd 05, 01:35 AM
m Ransley

WHAT you mean my 3.6v B&D cant take 440 AC so far it works great ! Gee
Ive got 3, 220 - 110 transformers from Europe and I was just going to
inline one more for 880v AC. Aw I gonna try it anyway an 880v ac B&D
Kick ass.

Howabout an 880v coffemaker , makes a pot in 6 seconds flat. And my
slow ceiling fan, yep 440 just might do it there also.

Old February 2nd 05, 03:38 AM
Rich

"m Ransley" wrote in message
The electronics amount to everything if they blow.

I just checked a 12 volt typical drill. The "electronics" consistes of a
switch and an RFP50N05 (50 Ampere, 50 volt, .022 Ohm, N-Channel Power
MOSFET). So it will work with anything up to 50 volts and 50 Amperes.

So if you want to go to a larger battery and are still worried about blowing
something open it up and take at look at what is used inside. Wonder
where I can get a 40 volt battery to put on it???

Old February 2nd 05, 11:44 AM
m Ransley

The key is the 50 amp rating. My RC car 7cell - 8.4v needs a 30 amp
fuse it blows 20amp. Nicads can dump alot of power. And for a drill
you dont want to get near its rating you just shorten its life.

Old February 2nd 05, 01:02 PM
Matt

I agree. Folks, don't listen to this 'professor' guy - the only thing
he can safely profess is that he is a dip****. EVERYONE knows that
there is no real difference between AC and DC - that whole thing was a
conspiracy to defraud the public. Your power tools, coffee makers, TVs
, stereos, ALL OF IT - will run longer, faster, and better on 880v +.

Old February 2nd 05, 02:31 PM
Stormin Mormon

Well, if you get a dewalt cordless drill, and then build an adaptor for it,
to run on house power. Havn't you just reinvented the electric plug in
drill?

--

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"Matt" wrote in message
ups.com...
I have found the batteries to be too inconvienient to use, regardless
of the voltage. So, I went out and bought a new Dewalt and wired it
directly to the 120v house current. I also built an adaptor for it so
that it runs on 240 for those really tough jobs.

Old February 2nd 05, 02:45 PM
Matt

Yes, only better. Nobody ever had a 240v cordless corded portable drill
before.

Old February 2nd 05, 04:16 PM
m Ransley

Im tired of electric, im putting in my RC cars 35000rpm nitromethane gas
motor and clutch in my drill, now thats power to screw.