G. Morgan

Default Speaking of *plonks*

Would all of you that have me *plonked* please tell me you have, so I can also
*plonk* you?

Thanks,

Plonk

--

-Graham

Remove the snails to email
Clark Griswold

"G. Morgan" wrote in message
Would all of you that have me *plonked* please tell me you have, so I can
also
*plonk* you?

Thanks,

Plonk

--

-Graham

Remove the snails to email

I've never plonked you, but, I'm sure Effi takes the prize for more
plonkings then everyone else combined.

Gideon

Clark Griswold wrote
I'm sure Effi takes the prize for more plonkings then everyone else combined.

Yep. He plonked me recently after my very first reply to one of his
posts. I consider it a great honor - an indication that I'm one of the
sentient beings that threaten his delusions of superiority.

Gideon

Thanks Clark,

It's reassuring to know that I wasn't being overly-sensative.
Then again, the jerks are pretty easy to recognize quickly
on Usenet.

Why is it so difficult to have a civil conversation and offer
a bit of friendly advice without getting into flame wars?

Have a good day,

Gideon

G. Morgan

Subject: Speaking of *plonks*
Newsgroup: alt.home.repair
= Clark Griswold = wrote:

I've never plonked you, but, I'm sure Effi takes the prize for more
plonkings then everyone else combined.

She plonked me too. I was just waiting for her to reply to this thread.

--

-Graham

Remove the snails to email
Matt

It would be easier, Gidget - if there weren't know it all idiots like
you in the world.

Clark Griswold

"G. Morgan" wrote in message
Newsgroup: alt.home.repair
= Clark Griswold = wrote:

I've never plonked you, but, I'm sure Effi takes the prize for more
plonkings then everyone else combined.

She plonked me too. I was just waiting for her to reply to this thread.

--

-Graham

Remove the snails to email

Effi won't reply.
It must be hard for Effi to keep track of all the plonkings and silly things
Effi has uttered in this ng. Effi needs to get away from the computer and
see how the real world communicates. Maybe a long vacation on a tiny island
would relax Effi and make Effi forget about all the carcinogens and poisons
just waiting for us on every street corner.

Gideon

Matt,

Who the hell is "Gidget"? Do you have trouble reading?

As for "know it all", I've indicated many times that I know my limitations
(big word) and have no adversion (another big word for slow learners)
to calling in an expert when I feel that I'm over my head.

Gideon

Matt wrote in message
.com...
It would be easier, Gidget - if there weren't know it all idiots like
you in the world.

Gideon

Clark,

Spend much time on Usenet and you begin to realize why
most states have laws against cousins marrying cousins.
Or brothers marrying sisters.

Gideon

Clark Griswold wrote in message ...
"Gideon" wrote in message

Clark Griswold wrote
I'm sure Effi takes the prize for more plonkings then everyone else
combined.

Yep. He plonked me recently after my very first reply to one of his
posts. I consider it a great honor - an indication that I'm one of the
sentient beings that threaten his delusions of superiority.

Well put!

new

Gideon wrote:
Matt,

Who the hell is "Gidget"? Do you have trouble reading?

As for "know it all", I've indicated many times that I know my limitations
(big word) and have no adversion (another big word for slow learners)
to calling in an expert when I feel that I'm over my head.

do you mean aversion?

Matt

Too freakin funny.
Gidget....... any other words you'd like to share today?

John Willis

On Thu, 27 Jan 2005 23:54:11 -0500, "Clark Griswold"
scribbled this interesting note:

Effi won't reply.
It must be hard for Effi to keep track of all the plonkings and silly things
Effi has uttered in this ng. Effi needs to get away from the computer and
see how the real world communicates. Maybe a long vacation on a tiny island
would relax Effi and make Effi forget about all the carcinogens and poisons
just waiting for us on every street corner.

Sunlight causes cancer.

--
John Willis
(Remove the Primes before e-mailing me)
Matt

As does air travel. Hey - that gives me an idea!

G. Morgan

Newsgroup: alt.home.repair
= new = wrote:

As for "know it all", I've indicated many times that I know my limitations
(big word) and have no adversion (another big word for slow learners)
to calling in an expert when I feel that I'm over my head.

do you mean aversion?

LOL. Why is it when someone is dying to prove how smart they are -- they always
end up with a self-nuke?

--

-Graham

Remove the snails to email
Matt

Yeah, I dunno why that is - but ya just gotta love it. I think it's
sort of a instant 'instant karma' gift from the gods.

willshak

On 1/28/2005 5:34 PM US(ET), new took fingers to keys, and typed the
following:

G. Morgan wrote:

Subject: Speaking of *plonks* Newsgroup: alt.home.repair
= new = wrote:

As for "know it all", I've indicated many times that I know my
limitations
(big word) and have no adversion (another big word for slow learners)
to calling in an expert when I feel that I'm over my head.

do you mean aversion?

LOL. Why is it when someone is dying to prove how smart they are --
they always
end up with a self-nuke?

instant kharma

did you mean 'karma'?

--
Bill

w_tom

Posted in the newsgroup rec.woodworking entitled "Plonking
101" on 6 Apr 2003:
"Plonking" means that the person doing the plonking is empty
of rational thought, and is advertising to the world that they
have 'filtered' out the other poster so that they no longer
see their posts. Also, you can almost bet your life that the
other person has done no such thing and they will continue to
read posts from the other.

"Plonking", is laughable inasmuch that the person advertising
they have 'plonked' someone, is, in reality, telling the world
that they have lost any argument or discussion and can think
of no other way to 'save face'.

Also the plonkers bizarre behavior is such that they feel that
they have to tell someone/anyone just what they have done.

"G. Morgan" wrote:

Newsgroup: alt.home.repair